Re: [EASCI] Just getting started

  • Dawn Hicks
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 28 3:26 PM
      I agree.  I felt the assessment was the easiest part.  Also, don't worry about making sure your video is in perfect.  Its your interpretion of the video and what happened before, during and after the lesson that is important.
      Dawn Hicks
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 30 5:00 AM
        I am sending my app in by sept 30 to give me extra
        time next spring.
        I have started in entry1 and am trying to gather
        documentation for entry4. These seem to be the most
        time consuming ones.
        Anybody have an idea of how to get parent
        communication going?
        Thanks!
        Dottie Hayes
        --- Dawn Hicks <dhicks@...> wrote:
        > I agree. I felt the assessment was the easiest
        > part. Also, don't worry about making sure your
        > video is in perfect. Its your interpretion of the
        > video and what happened before, during and after the
        > lesson that is important.
        > Dawn Hicks

        http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
      • Dawn Hicks
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 30 8:30 AM
          Dottie,
          Set up an email system, or newletter that requires a response from the parents.  You want to show a continuous flow of communication.
          Dawn
          --- Dawn Hicks <dhicks@...> wrote:
          > I agree.  I felt the assessment was the easiest
          > part.  Also, don't worry about making sure your
          > video is in perfect.  Its your interpretion of the
          > video and what happened before, during and after the
          > lesson that is important.
          > Dawn Hicks

        • Mike Ludwig
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2003
            I spend the first week of school gathering e-mails.
            Then I send home a newsletter about every 2 weeks. I
            find that parents who never call me do not hesitate to
            use their e-mail. Also it is a great way to show use
            of technology. No access to internet? Have students
            write a letter home about how class is going and
            attach it to your newsletter and sent it home with the
            kids.

            Mike

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 2, 2003
              Thanks! that is a good idea.
              I will try to start getting e-mail addresses now.

              http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com