Just getting started

  • bioman405
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 27, 2003
      Hi, I am new to the group and just applied to the National Board.
      Do you have any advice? What is the toughest part? I am concerned
      about the Assessment Center.
    • Susan Lewis
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 28, 2003

        bioman405 <bioman405@...> wrote:

        Hi, I am new to the group and just applied to the National Board.
        Do you have any advice?  What is the toughest part?  I am concerned
        about the Assessment Center.

        Work with your mentoring group and read all directions and standards carefully.  (I thought the assessment center was the easiest part)

        Susan NBCT 2001

      • Dawn Hicks
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 28, 2003
          I agree.  I felt the assessment was the easiest part.  Also, don't worry about making sure your video is in perfect.  Its your interpretion of the video and what happened before, during and after the lesson that is important.
          Dawn Hicks

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 30, 2003
            I am sending my app in by sept 30 to give me extra
            time next spring.
            I have started in entry1 and am trying to gather
            documentation for entry4. These seem to be the most
            time consuming ones.
            Anybody have an idea of how to get parent
            communication going?
            Thanks!
            Dottie Hayes
            --- Dawn Hicks <dhicks@...> wrote:
            > I agree. I felt the assessment was the easiest
            > part. Also, don't worry about making sure your
            > video is in perfect. Its your interpretion of the
            > video and what happened before, during and after the
            > lesson that is important.
            > Dawn Hicks

            http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
          • Dawn Hicks
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 30, 2003
              Dottie,
              Set up an email system, or newletter that requires a response from the parents.  You want to show a continuous flow of communication.
              Dawn
              --- Dawn Hicks <dhicks@...> wrote:
              > I agree.  I felt the assessment was the easiest
              > part.  Also, don't worry about making sure your
              > video is in perfect.  Its your interpretion of the
              > video and what happened before, during and after the
              > lesson that is important.
              > Dawn Hicks

            • Mike Ludwig
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 1, 2003
                I spend the first week of school gathering e-mails.
                Then I send home a newsletter about every 2 weeks. I
                find that parents who never call me do not hesitate to
                use their e-mail. Also it is a great way to show use
                of technology. No access to internet? Have students
                write a letter home about how class is going and
                attach it to your newsletter and sent it home with the
                kids.

                Mike

                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 2, 2003
                  Thanks! that is a good idea.
                  I will try to start getting e-mail addresses now.

                  http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com