Re: [EASCI] Oklahoma Candidate Support Training

  • Barbara Mustipher
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2003
      You may want to consider signing up for
      Schoolnotes.com. Posting my homework assignments has
      been a great means of communication with parents and
      students who are absent or who simply did not record
      the assginement during class.
      --- Dottie Hayes <artwoman69@...> wrote:
      > Hello!
      > I live in Fl and am considering NB certification.
      > I was also told to start on number 4. I think this
      > can
      > include college classes you took, tutoring after
      > hours, community involvement and any parent
      > communication. I am going to start a bi-weekly
      > newsletter this fall to help with that.
      > Can anyone tell me if I am on the right track?
      > Any other suggestions as to what I could start doing
      > this summer would be greatly appreciated.
      > Thanks!
      > --- Nora <american_chokolate@...> wrote:
      > > Ok, I got back from my state support training
      > > workshop. It was
      > > pretty good but still overwhelming. We were told
      > > begin on our
      > > Entry 4 this summer which would give us time to
      > work
      > > on the other
      > > entries during the school year. Hmmm...I learned
      > > alot and my
      > > facilitator for my group was pretty good.
      > > Boy this is a lot of documentation..... I am
      > having
      > > second thoughts
      > > about persuing it for this year. Will let you all
      > > know in about 2
      > > weeks... (Goes to the home office to meditates)

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • Mike Ludwig
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 2, 2003
        When sending home newsletters, consider sending a copy
        home as an e-mail. This leads to tons of
        communication with parents and shows an exceptional
        use of technology. It also makes documenting very
        easy, just keep copies of everything you send and
        receive. A couple of back and forth dialogs with
        parents go a long ways in entry 4.

        --- Dottie Hayes <artwoman69@...> wrote:
        > Hello!
        > I live in Fl and am considering NB certification.
        > I was also told to start on number 4. I think this
        > can
        > include college classes you took, tutoring after
        > hours, community involvement and any parent
        > communication. I am going to start a bi-weekly
        > newsletter this fall to help with that.
        > Can anyone tell me if I am on the right track?
        > Any other suggestions as to what I could start doing
        > this summer would be greatly appreciated.
        > Thanks!
        > --- Nora <american_chokolate@...> wrote:
        > > Ok, I got back from my state support training
        > > workshop. It was
        > > pretty good but still overwhelming. We were told
        > > begin on our
        > > Entry 4 this summer which would give us time to
        > work
        > > on the other
        > > entries during the school year. Hmmm...I learned
        > > alot and my
        > > facilitator for my group was pretty good.
        > > Boy this is a lot of documentation..... I am
        > having
        > > second thoughts
        > > about persuing it for this year. Will let you all
        > > know in about 2
        > > weeks... (Goes to the home office to meditates)

        http://sbc.yahoo.com
      • Dawn Hicks
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 2, 2003
          Nora,
          The newsleteer is good as long as there is a way for the parents to provide feedback on what is in it.
          Dawn Hicks