Re: [EASCI] Oklahoma Candidate Support Training

  • nankwh@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2 9:55 AM
      I congratulate you on your decision. This is a very challenging task, but deifnitely worth it. I am also in Florida and certified in EA/SCI in 1999. I'd be happy to help you. I would suggest that you download the portfolio instructions (it is a large booklet in pdf format, so go where you can access a high speed printer, or leave lots of time for this) and start to read, read, read. The Florida Dale Hickam/Excellent Teaching Program subsidizes 90% of the fee, so do not apply and pay until you have checked with your county personnel department for the procedures to follow. Contact me if I can be of any help.
      Nancy Hosie
      St Lucie County
      nankwh@...
    • Barbara Mustipher
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 2 12:58 PM
        You may want to consider signing up for
        Schoolnotes.com. Posting my homework assignments has
        been a great means of communication with parents and
        students who are absent or who simply did not record
        the assginement during class.
        --- Dottie Hayes <artwoman69@...> wrote:
        > Hello!
        > I live in Fl and am considering NB certification.
        > I was also told to start on number 4. I think this
        > can
        > include college classes you took, tutoring after
        > hours, community involvement and any parent
        > communication. I am going to start a bi-weekly
        > newsletter this fall to help with that.
        > Can anyone tell me if I am on the right track?
        > Any other suggestions as to what I could start doing
        > this summer would be greatly appreciated.
        > Thanks!
        > --- Nora <american_chokolate@...> wrote:
        > > Ok, I got back from my state support training
        > > workshop. It was
        > > pretty good but still overwhelming. We were told
        > > begin on our
        > > Entry 4 this summer which would give us time to
        > work
        > > on the other
        > > entries during the school year. Hmmm...I learned
        > > alot and my
        > > facilitator for my group was pretty good.
        > > Boy this is a lot of documentation..... I am
        > having
        > > second thoughts
        > > about persuing it for this year. Will let you all
        > > know in about 2
        > > weeks... (Goes to the home office to meditates)

        http://sbc.yahoo.com
      • Mike Ludwig
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 2 1:00 PM
          When sending home newsletters, consider sending a copy
          home as an e-mail. This leads to tons of
          communication with parents and shows an exceptional
          use of technology. It also makes documenting very
          easy, just keep copies of everything you send and
          receive. A couple of back and forth dialogs with
          parents go a long ways in entry 4.

          --- Dottie Hayes <artwoman69@...> wrote:
          > Hello!
          > I live in Fl and am considering NB certification.
          > I was also told to start on number 4. I think this
          > can
          > include college classes you took, tutoring after
          > hours, community involvement and any parent
          > communication. I am going to start a bi-weekly
          > newsletter this fall to help with that.
          > Can anyone tell me if I am on the right track?
          > Any other suggestions as to what I could start doing
          > this summer would be greatly appreciated.
          > Thanks!
          > --- Nora <american_chokolate@...> wrote:
          > > Ok, I got back from my state support training
          > > workshop. It was
          > > pretty good but still overwhelming. We were told
          > > begin on our
          > > Entry 4 this summer which would give us time to
          > work
          > > on the other
          > > entries during the school year. Hmmm...I learned
          > > alot and my
          > > facilitator for my group was pretty good.
          > > Boy this is a lot of documentation..... I am
          > having
          > > second thoughts
          > > about persuing it for this year. Will let you all
          > > know in about 2
          > > weeks... (Goes to the home office to meditates)

          http://sbc.yahoo.com
        • Dawn Hicks
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 2 3:19 PM
            Nora,
            The newsleteer is good as long as there is a way for the parents to provide feedback on what is in it.
            Dawn Hicks