Oklahoma Candidate Support Training

  • Nora
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2003
      Ok, I got back from my state support training workshop. It was
      pretty good but still overwhelming. We were told to begin on our
      Entry 4 this summer which would give us time to work on the other
      entries during the school year. Hmmm...I learned alot and my
      facilitator for my group was pretty good.
      Boy this is a lot of documentation..... I am having second thoughts
      about persuing it for this year. Will let you all know in about 2
      weeks... (Goes to the home office to meditates)
    • Dottie Hayes
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 2, 2003
        Hello!
        I live in Fl and am considering NB certification.
        I was also told to start on number 4. I think this can
        include college classes you took, tutoring after
        hours, community involvement and any parent
        communication. I am going to start a bi-weekly
        newsletter this fall to help with that.
        Can anyone tell me if I am on the right track?
        Any other suggestions as to what I could start doing
        this summer would be greatly appreciated.
        Thanks!

        http://sbc.yahoo.com
      • nankwh@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 2, 2003
          I congratulate you on your decision. This is a very challenging task, but deifnitely worth it. I am also in Florida and certified in EA/SCI in 1999. I'd be happy to help you. I would suggest that you download the portfolio instructions (it is a large booklet in pdf format, so go where you can access a high speed printer, or leave lots of time for this) and start to read, read, read. The Florida Dale Hickam/Excellent Teaching Program subsidizes 90% of the fee, so do not apply and pay until you have checked with your county personnel department for the procedures to follow. Contact me if I can be of any help.
          Nancy Hosie
          St Lucie County
          nankwh@...
        • Barbara Mustipher
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 2, 2003
            You may want to consider signing up for
            Schoolnotes.com. Posting my homework assignments has
            been a great means of communication with parents and
            students who are absent or who simply did not record
            the assginement during class.
            --- Dottie Hayes <artwoman69@...> wrote:
            > Hello!
            > I live in Fl and am considering NB certification.
            > I was also told to start on number 4. I think this
            > can
            > include college classes you took, tutoring after
            > hours, community involvement and any parent
            > communication. I am going to start a bi-weekly
            > newsletter this fall to help with that.
            > Can anyone tell me if I am on the right track?
            > Any other suggestions as to what I could start doing
            > this summer would be greatly appreciated.
            > Thanks!
            > --- Nora <american_chokolate@...> wrote:
            > > Ok, I got back from my state support training
            > > workshop. It was
            > > pretty good but still overwhelming. We were told
            > > begin on our
            > > Entry 4 this summer which would give us time to
            > work
            > > on the other
            > > entries during the school year. Hmmm...I learned
            > > alot and my
            > > facilitator for my group was pretty good.
            > > Boy this is a lot of documentation..... I am
            > having
            > > second thoughts
            > > about persuing it for this year. Will let you all
            > > know in about 2
            > > weeks... (Goes to the home office to meditates)

            http://sbc.yahoo.com
          • Mike Ludwig
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 2, 2003
              When sending home newsletters, consider sending a copy
              home as an e-mail. This leads to tons of
              communication with parents and shows an exceptional
              use of technology. It also makes documenting very
              easy, just keep copies of everything you send and
              receive. A couple of back and forth dialogs with
              parents go a long ways in entry 4.

              --- Dottie Hayes <artwoman69@...> wrote:
              > Hello!
              > I live in Fl and am considering NB certification.
              > I was also told to start on number 4. I think this
              > can
              > include college classes you took, tutoring after
              > hours, community involvement and any parent
              > communication. I am going to start a bi-weekly
              > newsletter this fall to help with that.
              > Can anyone tell me if I am on the right track?
              > Any other suggestions as to what I could start doing
              > this summer would be greatly appreciated.
              > Thanks!
              > --- Nora <american_chokolate@...> wrote:
              > > Ok, I got back from my state support training
              > > workshop. It was
              > > pretty good but still overwhelming. We were told
              > > begin on our
              > > Entry 4 this summer which would give us time to
              > work
              > > on the other
              > > entries during the school year. Hmmm...I learned
              > > alot and my
              > > facilitator for my group was pretty good.
              > > Boy this is a lot of documentation..... I am
              > having
              > > second thoughts
              > > about persuing it for this year. Will let you all
              > > know in about 2
              > > weeks... (Goes to the home office to meditates)

              http://sbc.yahoo.com
            • Dawn Hicks
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 2, 2003
                Nora,
                The newsleteer is good as long as there is a way for the parents to provide feedback on what is in it.
                Dawn Hicks