About Entries

  • Nora
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 25, 2003
      I am just curious. Do you choose the topic for your entries or the
      National Board choose the topic for each entry? The state meeting
      for scholarship candidates is next we.
    • SUZANNE LAMB
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 25, 2003
        you choose the topic
        Are you middle or high school science?

        http://sbc.yahoo.com
      • v1945@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 26, 2003
          In a message dated 6/25/03 12:59:39 PM Central Daylight Time, american_chokolate@... writes:

          I am just curious.  Do you choose the topic for your entries or the
          National Board choose the topic for each entry?  The state meeting
          for scholarship candidates is next we.

          You choose the topic of the lesson for each entry. You need to choose a lesson that meets the requirements of each entry.  It might be integrating science with technology, Family communication and professional development are two of the entries.  All entries and the specific requirements are listed under the NBPTS website, candidate resources, as a download for your area of science.
          Summer is a great time to plan the lessons you will use for each entry and how each lesson will meet the necessary requirements.  Also a super time to look for and locate, the documentation you need for the professional development part of entry 4.

          Best of luck!
          Victoria (Vicki) Kraner NBCT
        • Nora
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 26, 2003
            --- In EASCI@yahoogroups.com, SUZANNE LAMB <suzannewlamb@y...> wrote:
            > you choose the topic
            > Are you middle or high school science?
            > --- Nora <american_chokolate@y...> wrote:
            > > I am just curious. Do you choose the topic for your
            > > entries or the
            > > National Board choose the topic for each entry? The
            > > state meeting
            > > for scholarship candidates is next we.

            I am middle school science. Thought that is what this message board
            was in reference to..