New to the Group

  • Nora
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 25, 2003
      Even though I am not currently in the candidate program, I have
      received notice that Iam a scholarship recipient which will pay for
      the cost of completing the program. I am alternate however for this
      year. If slot becomes open between now and the start of the school
      year, I will be in the program as candidate otherwise I have to wait
      till the next school year.
      I just wanted to say that I am glad this group is available and I
      hope to learn what need to get prepared. I must say that after
      re viewing the standards and portfolio instructions, I felt
      overwhelmed and asked why in the world did I apply for this. I
      would appreciate any advice given to help me get prepared.

      Thanks
    • Donna M. Petty
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 25, 2003
        Welcome and best wishes Nora!
             Although overwhelming, what I like most about the program is that this is really what I was always taught my job was supposed to be about - according to my college professors. I just wish our school and district administrators could clear our plates of all the extraneous paperwork a secretary could handle so that we could always focus on our students and learning like we should. So - try to welcome this excuse to put your focus where it really should be! :>) It gets easier each year because of the reforms in requirements and the increasing numbers of folks like us who stand ready to help. Blessings!

        "When you were born you cried and the world rejoiced.
        Live your life so that when you die the world cries
        and you rejoice".