Re: [EASCI] Entry 2

  • kathy dozier
    Message 1 of 32 , Mar 27, 2003
      I know this is going to be hard to do but, first calm down. Take a deep
      breath.
      To analyze a video you should go back to the objectives and goals of your
      lesson. Did that take place? Where is evidence of that taking place? Did
      something outstanding happen that you did not expect to happen? What
      benefits did you accomplish by doing the lesson this way? What went wrong?
      How could you have made it better? What will you do better next time you
      do the lesson? Will you use the lesson again? Why? Don't forget to quote
      the kids showing where they "got it" in the lesson.

      These are some of the questions you should ask yourself. While viewing the
      lesson. It helps to have a vcr set up and playing while you type up the
      lesson. Use your romote to pause it as you write.
      Don't panic. You still have time to finish.

      Good Luck.
      Kathy
    • eliotmom2
      Message 32 of 32 , Feb 1, 2005
        To those of you who are board certified: Did you all use a discovery
        lab or a type of lab that generated a discrepant event? I had the
        students discuss what they knew about earthquakes and tsunami taking
        my cue from world events. I really like how my video came out. I
        have even written the entry but now I am second guessing myself.
        Do you find that every entry MUST have inquiry labs? I do many
        activities where the students research questions they may have using
        the internet.
        In search of opinions,
        Jeanne