Send your box in plenty of time!

  • mrbadclams <mrbadclams@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2003
      I wanted to warn everybody about sending their boxes through the
      USPS. I sent my box about a week before my due date last year. I
      sent it certified, overnight, with the tracking and all the other
      good stuff to ensure my boxes prompt delivery. You can guess what
      happened - LOST BOX! The tracking didn't follow the box out of the
      local post office and nobody could find it. I was told many times
      that is should have been delivered on time, but the USPS or NBPTS
      could not verify.

      Two thing happened: First, the USPS tracking system went down so my
      box was delivered on time, just no record of it. Second, NBPTS
      failed to scan my box when it arrived to record its arrival.

      After 4 weeks of waiting and phone calls, I finally had the contents
      of my box tracked down. The box itself was never found, but when
      NBPTS checked in the contents of my box they could verify its arrival.

      Just to warn you, keep your mailing receipts so if the USPS screws
      up, NBPTS knows it was sent on time. They will make exceptions if
      you can prove that the delivery problem was not you error.

      MDL