Entry #4

  • oceanflippersmom <oceanflippersmom@yahoo
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 20, 2003
      I need help clarifying what NB considers community and parent
      involvement. I have been told that 55% of my score will come from
      this accomplishment alone. Please help me understand what NB is
      asking for in this entry.
    • Peggy's Adelphia E-Mail
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 21, 2003
        I used my school's science fair and had community members mentor and judge
        and showed DIRECT correlation between them and student learning. I think
        this was the big key. I just certified this year and I made sure every
        accomplishment resulted in student achievement.
        > I need help clarifying what NB considers community and parent
        > involvement. I have been told that 55% of my score will come from
        > this accomplishment alone. Please help me understand what NB is
        > asking for in this entry.

      • vliggons
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 29, 2004
          I am having a few problems with entry #4 Accomplishments. ANy
          suggestions?
        • Kallie A. Hilyard
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 29, 2004
            Just be sure it all ties back to student knowledge and accomplishment.

            ASCI@yahoogroups.com writes:

            >I am having a few problems with entry #4 Accomplishments. ANy
            >suggestions?
            >

            >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            >[
            >http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129r12t70/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=groups/S=1705082178:HM/EXP=1104423610/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://companion.yahoo.com
            >][
            >http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/ya/yahoo_companion/lrec_companion_043004.gif
            >]click here
            >
            >[
            >http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=groups/S=:HM/A=2128215/rand=144600260
            >]»

            >• Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the [
            >http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ ]Yahoo! Terms of Service.

          • Dottie Hayes
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 30, 2004
              I used things that showed as many of the parts of entry 4 as possible . That Vinn diagram helped me that is in your instructions. The things in the overlapped areas were the best. Learner, leader, collaborator, student learning, etc...
              Good Luck!!

            • THudson128@aol.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 30, 2004
                Remember that all the accomplishments need to have a measureable impact on student learning and perfomance.  You really need to have pre and post data of some sort for each accomplishment.  Are you using a documentation log?  If so, perhaps you can analyze the grades of students with consistent parental contact.  Has classroom performance increased as a result of ongoing contact?  It should.  Use test scores, report card grades, student surveys, etc.
              • vernon liggons
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 3, 2005
                  Has anyone completed the process successfully and
                  would be willing to look over my Entry #4 to check for
                  student impact and effectiveness.
                  Mrs. Lowery
                  WESTOVER MIDDLE

                  Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!