Re: [EASCI] Digest Number 238

  • Don Deresz
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 20, 2003
      Greetings, Ms. Dozier.

      I found your reply to be very insightful and certainly applicable toward the
      practice of an inquiry-based pedagogy as deconstructed in the aforementioned
      class, thank you. As stated, reflection as to the use of the type of
      technology in improving student learning is of paramount importance in the
      writtten commentary.

      However, N.B. "Standard III: Instructional Resources," does distinguish
      between traditional and the current use of modern technological instruments
      as a resource for the accomplished (science) teacher (i.e., we've progressed
      from wooden sticks to joy sticks). The N.B. candidate should "provide
      [student] opportunities for hands-on experiences with mechanical,
      electrical, and optical tools...and instruments as an extension of their
      five senses."

      Hope this helps.
      -dd