RE: [EASCI] Digest Number 234

  • Monica Schmidt
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2003
      If I recall correctly use of a videoscope is use of technology-- can you
      ensure that they are viewing the correct stages by modeling them for the
      class on the videomicroscope?

      From: "d_scordes <d_scordes@...>" <d_scordes@...>
      2. Re: I need an idea!
      From: "Cahoon" <kcahoon@...>

      Message: 1
      Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 02:32:25 -0000
      From: "d_scordes <d_scordes@...>" <d_scordes@...>
      Subject: I need an idea!

      Does anyone have an idea about how I can incorporate technology into
      a mitosis/meiosis/genetics unit? I did the onion root tips using
      the microscope. The kids had to identify the stage of mitosis the
      cells were in, make a detailed drawing, and list observations about
      the cell that indicated that it would be in that particular stage.
      I use several internet sits, but in an interactive way rather than
      using them as an assignment. Should I create an assignment to go
      with the sites I use, or use the mitosis onion root tip drawings?
      I hope everyone is moving right along and making some serious
      progress. If makes anyone feel better, I feel like I am running an
      endless marathon.
      Thanks for any help!
      Stacy

      Message: 2
      Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 06:07:06 -0500
      From: "Cahoon" <kcahoon@...>
      Subject: Re: I need an idea!

      Can you have them use their own drawings and do a power point presentation?
      From: "d_scordes <d_scordes@...>" <d_scordes@...>
      Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 02:32:25 -0000

      href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/">Yahoo! Terms of Service</a>.</tt>

      --