Glad to hear from you all!

  • canderson@ecasd.k12.wi.us
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 1999
      I am glad to see that there are a few people who are trying to
      keep this site active. As I mentioned, I did not know of this site last year
      and it would have been a big help to have someone else to bounce ideas off of.
      I am an 8th grade physical science teacher from Wisconsin and I think it is
      wonderful to be able to communicate with other teachers from other states. I
      have so many questions to ask that aren't even related to NB - like how are your
      states approaching the national standards? Do you have a mandated graduation test?,
      and What does your typical science class look like. We are in the middle of
      a text book adoption, and I would be interested in feedback on what works in your
      schools. We currently run a "hands on" program and only use a resource text. We
      are looking at buying classroom sets of books again and using the rest of the
      text book money for supplemental materials. Anything out there innovative and
      unusual?
      I don't want to take away fromt the purpose of this site, but if anyone
      wants to chat about general topics, I think it can sometimes help those who
      are going through the process clarify what they are thinking and help them
      to identify key ideas and activities.
      Well, TGIF!
      Cathy A.