Entry 2-BOO-BOO

  • lewiestewie <lstewart@currituck.k12.nc.u
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 23, 2002
      On Friday I taped the perfect lesson for Entry 2. Near the very end
      of taping (like 18.5 minutes), one of my girls noticed that she had
      spelled "geological" incorrectly on the bulletin board she had put up
      before we started taping this class.(We were in a hurry, it was the
      last day before Christmas break!) She didn't tell me until we were
      through taping. It wasn't noticeable in the tape until my cameraman(a
      student) zoomed in on the bulletin board when I mentioned how we were
      going to put our data on the timeline on the bulletin board. I was so
      into the timeline, that I never noticed until the student pointed it
      out after taping. YIKES!!!!! The lesson itself was great. When we
      took digital pictures, as we started our activity, we had corrected
      the mistake, but it wasn't until after the videotaping was completed.
      Is it adviseable to still use this tape or should I do a whole new
      lesson? Should I use this tape and address the misspelling in the
      analysis? I would really hate to trash this lesson!!!! Someone,
      please give me some input!
    • Donna M. Petty
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 23, 2002
        A student made bulletin board! Fantastic! I wouldn't trash a thing - this gives you the opportunity to point out the fabulous way you get your students involved in the class! Not only are you letting it be "their" classroom, not just "yours", but you're encouraging possible future educators! Boo-boos such as this often give you some "meat" to talk about in your reflection. I say keep it and use it to your advantage! Blessings!

        "When you were born you cried and the world rejoiced.
        Live your life so that when you die the world cries
        and you rejoice".