Re: [EASCI] Entry 2

  • Tina Oshima
    Message 1 of 32 , Dec 10, 2002
      I just achieved National Board certification.  For my video for entry 2, I went with the one I had the had the best discussion.  The students were not perfectly behaved.  I made sure to address this in my write up.  I gave explanations for some and suggestions to improve some for next time.  For example there was one girl who had been out sick and had just returned.  She was not engaged very much during the discussion.  I made sure to explain this since she was shown several times during the discussion.

      Hope this helps and good luck.

      Message 32 of 32 , Feb 1, 2005
        To those of you who are board certified: Did you all use a discovery
        lab or a type of lab that generated a discrepant event? I had the
        students discuss what they knew about earthquakes and tsunami taking
        my cue from world events. I really like how my video came out. I
        have even written the entry but now I am second guessing myself.
        Do you find that every entry MUST have inquiry labs? I do many
        activities where the students research questions they may have using
        the internet.
        In search of opinions,
        Jeanne