Re: [EASCI] New member

  • Mike Ludwig
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 25, 2002
      Hi, I introduced a new concept in the middle of a
      unit. This allowed students to apply background
      information to the topic. We discussed evolution
      after lessons on adaptation. This way the video
      captured students thinking, relating past information,
      and sharing new ideas. I just got my scores back and
      I passed on my first try. Woo-hoo!

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • Dawn Hicks
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 25, 2002
        congratulations!
        Dawn HICKS
        > Hi, I introduced a new concept in the middle of a
        > unit. This allowed students to apply background
        > information to the topic. We discussed evolution
        > after lessons on adaptation. This way the video
        > captured students thinking, relating past information,
        > and sharing new ideas. I just got my scores back and
        > I passed on my first try. Woo-hoo!
        >
        > --- Stacy Cordes <d_scordes@...> wrote:
        > > Hello. From what I understand the 20 minute video
        > > must be introducing a new concept. I, like you,
        > > have
        > > no idea what to talk about for 20 minutes to a group
        > > of kids who know little about a concept. I am
        > > thinking about doing either plate tectonics or
        > > natural
        > > resources along with a 100 other ideas. I am
        > > considering videoing every new concept that comes
        > > around. I teach 7th grade Life Science and 8th
        > > grade
        > > Earth Science. I am teaching cell processes right
        > > now. I could do something with that. I am working
        > > on
        > > my entry 4. I think it is going pretty good.
        > > Weather
        > > would be good for your 3 instructional activities,
        > > especially if you have Internet access. I think it
        > > would anyway.
        > > Keep in touch. Best wishes.
        > > --- byrdscience <byrdscience@...> wrote:
        > > > Hi! I was excited to find a group just for
        > > > EA-Science folks. I am a
        > > > new candidate. I teach 8th grade physical science
        > > > and high school
        > > > earth science to advanced 8th graders. I'm in
        > > > Virginia and look
        > > > forward to weaving through this maze. My entry 4
        > > is
        > > > half done and
        > > > I'm trying to figure out what will make the best
        > > > showing for items
        > > > of student work. I'm about to start meteorology in
        > > > earth science and
        > > > atoms-periodic table in physical science. What to
        > > > use for whole
        > > > class discussion for 20 min when they know nothing
        > > > about the topic
        > > > doesn't seem to make any sense to me. Am I
        > > > interpreting it
        > > > correctly? Thanks.
        > > > Nancy Smith

      • spacefrog72003
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 27 2:09 PM
          Hi everyone, I am a current candidate fo EA/Sci. I just found this
          list serv. I don't have contact with anyone going for this particular
          area...until now. I have not much to offer at this point. Are their
          any of you in Arkansas?