Re: [EASCI] Technology

  • kathy rogers
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 25, 2002
      --- d_scordes <d_scordes@...> wrote:
      > Hi again. Can I get a list of what can count as
      > using technology?
      > I know microscopes, computers, but what else. I do
      > not have access
      > to probes. Any ideas will be great and may help
      > give me some
      > direction.
      > Goodnight-
      > Stacy
      >
      > Stacy,
      I think you could use calculators, multimedia type
      items such as t.v, video clips, etc. I used a scan
      converter and showed a PBS website on the dry erase
      board. Each student had a worksheet and answered the
      questions as we followed the website. Just a thought.
      kathy
      NBCT

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • Dawn Hicks
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 25, 2002
        Stacey,
        I had the students use the internet and create a power point.
        Dawn
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 26, 2002
          Stacy,

          I found out when I was going through that Texas
          Instruments will loan equipment to try with your class in
          hopes that you will buy. I asked for the projection
          screen that allows you to hook up the calculator and
          motion detector. I used that in a unit on motion and we
          studied time distance graphs, acceleration and more. It
          was a lot of fun. The kids had a blast because after we
          saw it on the overhead, they played with it a little and
          understood it we made our own graphs outside in the dirt
          and guessed each others graphs.