Technology

  • d_scordes
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 24, 2002
      Hi again. Can I get a list of what can count as using technology?
      I know microscopes, computers, but what else. I do not have access
      to probes. Any ideas will be great and may help give me some
      direction.
      Goodnight-
      Stacy
    • kathy rogers
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 25, 2002
        --- d_scordes <d_scordes@...> wrote:
        > Hi again. Can I get a list of what can count as
        > using technology?
        > I know microscopes, computers, but what else. I do
        > not have access
        > to probes. Any ideas will be great and may help
        > give me some
        > direction.
        > Goodnight-
        > Stacy
        >
        > Stacy,
        I think you could use calculators, multimedia type
        items such as t.v, video clips, etc. I used a scan
        converter and showed a PBS website on the dry erase
        board. Each student had a worksheet and answered the
        questions as we followed the website. Just a thought.
        kathy
        NBCT

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      • Dawn Hicks
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 25, 2002
          Stacey,
          I had the students use the internet and create a power point.
          Dawn
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 26, 2002
            Stacy,

            I found out when I was going through that Texas
            Instruments will loan equipment to try with your class in
            hopes that you will buy. I asked for the projection
            screen that allows you to hook up the calculator and
            motion detector. I used that in a unit on motion and we
            studied time distance graphs, acceleration and more. It
            was a lot of fun. The kids had a blast because after we
            saw it on the overhead, they played with it a little and
            understood it we made our own graphs outside in the dirt
            and guessed each others graphs.