Re: [EASCI] I need help on entry 4!

  • kathy rogers
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 5, 2002
      --- d_scordes <d_scordes@...> wrote:
      > My entry 4 is sooooo weak. I teach junior high so I
      > don't send home
      > weekly bulletins. I do have a website that parents
      > can access, but
      > most don't. I present at the local, state and
      > national levels, but
      > have never surveyed the audience. I have no
      > concrete way to prove
      > student impact for teachers who have attended my
      > workshops. My
      > community is very small, so community resources are
      > few and far
      > between. It is difficult to bus the kids anywhere.
      >
      > Does anyone have any ideas for my entry 4? U need
      > all the help I can
      > get.
      > This group looks as if it is not too active. Is
      > there anyone still
      > out there?
      > :) s

      Like most everyone I am awaiting my scores, so my
      advice is purely my own thoughts. Do you have any
      anyone that can verify your leadership at workshops?
      That would be very helpful. I had my principal write a
      detailed paragraph about a seminar I put together for
      our school. For communications send email to parents
      and encourage them to respond. I even ask a few
      parents I was close to to make a point to email me. i
      also began sending home "unit reports" This would tell
      the parents about a new unit and included a simple
      activity to do at home. Parents were asked to respond
      to the activity. (give extra credit if need be) This
      showed an opportunity to include families in our
      classes. Whatever you do, don't spend too much time on
      this particular entry. It counts for less than the
      others. Focus on getting good strong videos and
      student work samples. Good luck and pray for those of
      us waiting. :)
      kathyteach@...
      kathy

      HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now