scoring guide

  • baileyboye
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 26, 2002
      I am seeking EA science certification for 2002-2003. Does anyone
      know if there is a complete scoring guide available? Or do we just
      use the info provided in the portfolio instructions.

      Also, any ideas for videotaping the data analysis lesson...is it
      better to videotape a class discussion or small group discussions? I
      feel my students will be more comfortable with the camera in one
      place taping a class discussion verses the camera moving around
      and "getting in their face" to tape small group discussions.
      However, I am concerned that leaving the camera in one place (which
      will have to be farther away to capture the entire class) will result
      in a lower score. Any suggestions/ideas?
      Thanks
      Jada
    • stonhenge56@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 30, 2002
        Hello Jada,
            I left the camera in one place when taping a whole class and I got a 3. something.  I was a three year ago candidate and I had to do large and small group videos...the small group taping got a 2.something.  I feel that it scored lower because you could not hear the students clearly enough.  I was attempting to teach naturally and sometimes leaned over the students at the lab table which muffled the sound. Of course I discussed what each student was saying as well as the work in the written portion, but I feel that clearity is an issue.  Just a few thoughts...