Entries

  • kcourtney@xxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 1999
      I would love to get this listserve going...I am sure there are many of us that would like the opportunity to share ideas with others either going through the EA certification or have obtained certification in this area and would like to help us. Please reply!!!
      I teach 6th grade science and am currently going through the process...
      Kelly (MD)
    • Nankwh@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 1999
        Feel free to contact me if you have questions. I achieved the certification
        this year. This list serv was VERY quiet while I went through the process.
        I would have like to have had more contact with teachers in this area. I
        teach 8th grade (physical science) but I have also worked with other age
        groups and other sciences.
        Nancy Hosie, NBCT EA/SCI
        St Lucie County, FL
      • Nankwh@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 4, 1999
          Entry one was one of my highest. I used work from a unit on radioactivity,
          which I described as an extension or our study on atomic structure. The work
          samples involved knowledge of terms, a couple exercises on half-life and a
          debate on nuclear power.
          For entry 2, I used a unit on work and simple machines. We do several
          labs..pulleys, levers, etc. and work out word problems. I recently found an
          activity in which the students build a lever to send a payload a specified
          distance. It sounds like alot of fun and would have fit in well last year.
          I would be happy to do anything I can to help you.
          Are you involved in science fair in Brevard? I work with the regional fair
          here and usually accompany students to the state fair. I'm also attending
          the NSTA convention in Orlando in April
          Keep in touch
          Nancy