Re: [EASCI] studying for assessment center

  • Jill W Saia
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2002
      The NSES standards are good, but Project 2061's Science for All Americans
      really gets at the "big ideas" of science - and it's easy to read. Also,
      find some books on assessment in science and student misconceptions. ( I
      certified in '99 so I'm having trouble remembering titles; just remember
      that those are the kinds of things I studied) Also, we hear from NBPTS
      that the AC is more focused on content now than it used to be; my
      suggestion is that you study most what you like the least. For example, if
      you teach a lot of life science because you don't really like physical
      science, study the latter!
      Take the same approach to this that I do when cleaning house; I hate to do
      bathrooms, so I do them first to get it over with. Does that make sense?