Re: [EASCI] Reader Needed!

  • Yvette Laughlin
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 18, 2002
      I believe that would not be ethical.

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: <dozierk@...>
      To: <EASCI@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 7:47 AM
      Subject: Re: [EASCI] Reader Needed!

      > Shelia,
      >
      > I passed Entry 1 with a 3.75. If you send me your e-mail address I will
      > send you a copy of my entry 1.
      >
      > At 08:55 AM 2/5/02 -0500, you wrote:
      > >IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WHO PASSED ENTRY 1? DID YOU DESCRIBE THE THREE
      > >ACTIVITIES IN THE PLANNING PART OR DID YOU JUST SUMMARIZE? DID YOU GIVE
      > >MOST OF THE DETAILS IN THE INSTRUCTIONAL ACTIVITY COVER SHEET? THANKS
      FOR

    • dozierk@cms.kershaw.k12.sc.us
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 19, 2002
        Why do you believe it is not ethical? I read many entries from people who
        passed 4 and 5 before I finished my portfolio. I did this through a class
        from a college. People are not going to copy what you wrote. That is not
        the understanding here. It is to get an idea of how to write. I do
        believe many times in our classes at school we show students examples of
        what we would like to see from them. I also believe I was given the
        opportunity in college to see examples from the professors of work they
        thought was quality so we could get an idea of what he wanted. Why is
        sharing an entry that was scored well unethical?

        At 11:06 PM 2/18/02 -0600, you wrote:
        >I believe that would not be ethical.

      • Cynthia Crisp
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 19, 2002
          It is not ethical. For one reason we signed an agreement not to show our work to anyone. Also, I worked long and hard to pass NB ( not to mention the sacrifices I made to my family). No one showed me theirs not even my mentor!!

          >>> dozierk@... 02/19/02 08:24AM >>>

          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 19, 2002
            Cynthia, I signed an agreement not to discuss the assessment center with
            anyone. Not anything to do with the portfolio. I signed saying it was my
            work that I submitted and it was. At every science conference that had a
            National Board workshop the presenters had their portfolio there for anyone
            to look through. Was that ethical in your thinking? When a class through
            the local college has people come in that have passed NB to share their
            portfolio's is that not ethical?

            At 08:51 AM 2/19/02 -0500, you wrote:
            >It is not ethical. For one reason we signed an agreement not to show our
            work to anyone. Also, I worked long and hard to pass NB ( not to mention
            the sacrifices I made to my family). No one showed me theirs not even my
            mentor!!

            >Why do you believe it is not ethical? I read many entries from people who
            >passed 4 and 5 before I finished my portfolio. I did this through a class
            >from a college. People are not going to copy what you wrote. That is not
            >the understanding here. It is to get an idea of how to write. I do
            >believe many times in our classes at school we show students examples of
            >what we would like to see from them. I also believe I was given the
            >opportunity in college to see examples from the professors of work they
            >thought was quality so we could get an idea of what he wanted. Why is
            >sharing an entry that was scored well unethical?
            >

            >At 11:06 PM 2/18/02 -0600, you wrote:
            >>I believe that would not be ethical.

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Yvette Laughlin
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 23, 2002
              Sharing your portfolio, as in allowing others to scan through to learn the
              method is one thing (in your presence), but sending an actual copy to
              another person is entirely different, it is unethical.

              > Cynthia, I signed an agreement not to discuss the assessment center with
              > anyone. Not anything to do with the portfolio. I signed saying it was my
              > work that I submitted and it was. At every science conference that had a
              > National Board workshop the presenters had their portfolio there for
              anyone
              > to look through. Was that ethical in your thinking? When a class through
              > the local college has people come in that have passed NB to share their
              > portfolio's is that not ethical?
              >

              > At 08:51 AM 2/19/02 -0500, you wrote:
              > >It is not ethical. For one reason we signed an agreement not to show our
              > work to anyone. Also, I worked long and hard to pass NB ( not to mention
              > the sacrifices I made to my family). No one showed me theirs not even my
              > mentor!!

              > >Why do you believe it is not ethical? I read many entries from people
              who
              > >passed 4 and 5 before I finished my portfolio. I did this through a
              class
              > >from a college. People are not going to copy what you wrote. That is
              not
              > >the understanding here. It is to get an idea of how to write. I do
              > >believe many times in our classes at school we show students examples of
              > >what we would like to see from them. I also believe I was given the
              > >opportunity in college to see examples from the professors of work they
              > >thought was quality so we could get an idea of what he wanted. Why is
              > >sharing an entry that was scored well unethical?
              > >

              > >At 11:06 PM 2/18/02 -0600, you wrote:
              > >>I believe that would not be ethical.

            • Susan Lewis
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 24, 2002

                I agree with Yvette.  We in my mentoring group were allowed to look at our mentor's portfolio in her presence, but we didn't get to take any part of it with us.  This is supposed to be your work and all of us had to work like crazy to acheive NBCT.