scoring guide

  • Farnsworth, Jay
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 18, 2002
      I noticed a reference to a scoring guide in some recent posts, and I haven't
      seen this as of yet. I have my work framed around the questions in the
      order they appeared in the materials I was sent, but would be interested in
      seeing this scoring guide.

      Jay Farnsworth
      Waunakee Schools
    • baileyboye
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 26, 2002
        I am seeking EA science certification for 2002-2003. Does anyone
        know if there is a complete scoring guide available? Or do we just
        use the info provided in the portfolio instructions.

        Also, any ideas for videotaping the data analysis lesson...is it
        better to videotape a class discussion or small group discussions? I
        feel my students will be more comfortable with the camera in one
        place taping a class discussion verses the camera moving around
        and "getting in their face" to tape small group discussions.
        However, I am concerned that leaving the camera in one place (which
        will have to be farther away to capture the entire class) will result
        in a lower score. Any suggestions/ideas?
        Thanks
        Jada
      • stonhenge56@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 30, 2002
          Hello Jada,
              I left the camera in one place when taping a whole class and I got a 3. something.  I was a three year ago candidate and I had to do large and small group videos...the small group taping got a 2.something.  I feel that it scored lower because you could not hear the students clearly enough.  I was attempting to teach naturally and sometimes leaned over the students at the lab table which muffled the sound. Of course I discussed what each student was saying as well as the work in the written portion, but I feel that clearity is an issue.  Just a few thoughts...