Re: [EASCI] Digest Number 168

  • cbeaken@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 14, 2002
      Thanks Patrick! I am completing entries for the second time:( I am trying
      not to panic! I have chosen to redo Entries 3 and 4, the videos of course! I
      just might ask for some guidance. I have spent the past few months collecting
      many video segments and plan on viewing them this weekend. Any particular
      advice for these entries?

      I'll be in touch.
      Colleen Feldmiller
      7th grade science
    • Patrick Rogers
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 15, 2002
        Hey Colleen. Way to persevere!! It took me 3 yrs. to achieve NBC. The
        only advice I would suggest comes from the EASCI scoring guide. " Does the
        discussion on the videotape come together with the rest of the instruction
        to facilitate students' growth in scientific understanding"? The key is
        links, links, and links. Link info about the students to the goals... the
        goals to instruction. Link instruction to the teacher analysis.... to
        reflection. The Written Commentary vs. what you see on the Videotape. Do
        they support and enhance or conflict and undermine each other.

        > Thanks Patrick! I am completing entries for the second time:( I am trying
        > not to panic! I have chosen to redo Entries 3 and 4, the videos of course!
        > just might ask for some guidance. I have spent the past few months
        collecting
        > many video segments and plan on viewing them this weekend. Any particular
        > advice for these entries?
        >
        > I'll be in touch.
        > Colleen Feldmiller
        > 7th grade science

      • Donna M. Petty
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 15, 2002
          Thanks a bunch Patrick - It's my third try - I was thinking I was the only one this "what-ever" in the world. I need to stay focused only on this project. I noticed in the writing from a friend of mine who made great scores - that she framed her writing in the order of the scoring guide rather than the in the order of the entry information stuff in the notebook. Also she worked in all the educational buzz words - I have a tendency to cut to the chaste. 'Hope this helps!

          "When you were born you cried and the world rejoiced.
          Live your life so that when you die the world cries
          and you rejoice".

          > Thanks Patrick! I am completing entries for the second time:(  I am trying
          > not to panic! I have chosen to redo Entries 3 and 4, the videos of course!
          > just might ask for some guidance. I have spent the past few months
          collecting
          > many video segments and plan on viewing them this weekend. Any particular
          > advice for these entries?
          >
          > I'll be in touch.
          > Colleen Feldmiller
          > 7th grade science

        • Patrick Rogers
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 17, 2002
            Donna
            Thanks for your input and suggestion.  I'll pass it on to the candidates I'm mentoring.  Stay focused.  If you need any help or encouragement, I'm here
            Pat Rogers