Re: [EASCI] New and need help

  • dozierk@cms.kershaw.k12.sc.us
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 23, 2002
      I am also a re-take for entry #2. I am reading the NSTA publication on
      science assessment. I have looked at an entry from a friend that passed
      and believe my mistakes were in not enough feed back to the student on
      papers, not showing the students reflections on thier assessments and their
      ability to assess theirselves. I would love to communicate with you as you
      go through this because I also went it alone in science last year.

      At 03:07 AM 1/23/02 -0000, you wrote:
      >Hello,
      > I am a re-take candidate in EASCI with my lowest score on
      >Assessing Student Work entry #2. I would really like some help this
      >time around. I had to go it alone on my first attempt and I would
      >really love to pass this time. I feel that my lesson was a good one,
      >but maybe a bit too much. I feel like I do not know where to begin
      >this time, but I know that I want to start fresh... new lesson,
      >students, and better insight. I will be retaking two of the
      >assessment center portions to try and up my score too.
      >I need direction...Help!

    • Sheila Collins
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 26, 2002
        Donna
        ON ENTRY 1 HOW MANY PROCESS SKILLS DID YOU HAVE LISTED? DID YOU HAVE
        DIFFERENT
        PROCESS SKILLS FOR EACH ACTIITY OR DID YOU KEEP THE SAME THROUGH THE UNIT
        TO SHOW PROGRESSION? WHAT WERE YOUR PROCESS SKILLS. I AM TEACHING A UNIT
        ON LIGHT AND MY ACTIVITIES WILL BE ON REFLECTION AND REFRACTION. ANY
        SUGGESTIONS? THANKS
        SHEILA