Re: [EASCI] New and need help

  • Donna M. Petty
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 22, 2002
      I too am a banker - that entry was one of my best the first go around. E-mail me at dpetty@... - I'd be glad to help. Blessings!

      "When you were born you cried and the world rejoiced.
      Live your life so that when you die the world cries
      and you rejoice".
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 23, 2002
        I am also a re-take for entry #2. I am reading the NSTA publication on
        science assessment. I have looked at an entry from a friend that passed
        and believe my mistakes were in not enough feed back to the student on
        papers, not showing the students reflections on thier assessments and their
        ability to assess theirselves. I would love to communicate with you as you
        go through this because I also went it alone in science last year.

        At 03:07 AM 1/23/02 -0000, you wrote:
        >Hello,
        > I am a re-take candidate in EASCI with my lowest score on
        >Assessing Student Work entry #2. I would really like some help this
        >time around. I had to go it alone on my first attempt and I would
        >really love to pass this time. I feel that my lesson was a good one,
        >but maybe a bit too much. I feel like I do not know where to begin
        >this time, but I know that I want to start fresh... new lesson,
        >students, and better insight. I will be retaking two of the
        >assessment center portions to try and up my score too.
        >I need direction...Help!

      • Sheila Collins
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 26, 2002
          Donna
          ON ENTRY 1 HOW MANY PROCESS SKILLS DID YOU HAVE LISTED? DID YOU HAVE
          DIFFERENT
          PROCESS SKILLS FOR EACH ACTIITY OR DID YOU KEEP THE SAME THROUGH THE UNIT
          TO SHOW PROGRESSION? WHAT WERE YOUR PROCESS SKILLS. I AM TEACHING A UNIT
          ON LIGHT AND MY ACTIVITIES WILL BE ON REFLECTION AND REFRACTION. ANY
          SUGGESTIONS? THANKS
          SHEILA