New and need help

  • sharion56
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 22, 2002
      Hello,
      I am a re-take candidate in EASCI with my lowest score on
      Assessing Student Work entry #2. I would really like some help this
      time around. I had to go it alone on my first attempt and I would
      really love to pass this time. I feel that my lesson was a good one,
      but maybe a bit too much. I feel like I do not know where to begin
      this time, but I know that I want to start fresh... new lesson,
      students, and better insight. I will be retaking two of the
      assessment center portions to try and up my score too.
      I need direction...Help!
    • Donna M. Petty
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 22, 2002
        I too am a banker - that entry was one of my best the first go around. E-mail me at dpetty@... - I'd be glad to help. Blessings!

        "When you were born you cried and the world rejoiced.
        Live your life so that when you die the world cries
        and you rejoice".

      • dozierk@cms.kershaw.k12.sc.us
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 23, 2002
          I am also a re-take for entry #2. I am reading the NSTA publication on
          science assessment. I have looked at an entry from a friend that passed
          and believe my mistakes were in not enough feed back to the student on
          papers, not showing the students reflections on thier assessments and their
          ability to assess theirselves. I would love to communicate with you as you
          go through this because I also went it alone in science last year.

          At 03:07 AM 1/23/02 -0000, you wrote:
          >Hello,
          > I am a re-take candidate in EASCI with my lowest score on
          >Assessing Student Work entry #2. I would really like some help this
          >time around. I had to go it alone on my first attempt and I would
          >really love to pass this time. I feel that my lesson was a good one,
          >but maybe a bit too much. I feel like I do not know where to begin
          >this time, but I know that I want to start fresh... new lesson,
          >students, and better insight. I will be retaking two of the
          >assessment center portions to try and up my score too.
          >I need direction...Help!

        • Sheila Collins
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 26, 2002
            Donna
            ON ENTRY 1 HOW MANY PROCESS SKILLS DID YOU HAVE LISTED? DID YOU HAVE
            DIFFERENT
            PROCESS SKILLS FOR EACH ACTIITY OR DID YOU KEEP THE SAME THROUGH THE UNIT
            TO SHOW PROGRESSION? WHAT WERE YOUR PROCESS SKILLS. I AM TEACHING A UNIT
            ON LIGHT AND MY ACTIVITIES WILL BE ON REFLECTION AND REFRACTION. ANY
            SUGGESTIONS? THANKS
            SHEILA