Entry 1

  • kathyj64068
    Message 1 of 32 , Dec 29, 2001
      Help!! I am in the midst of choosing student samples for Entry
      1. The big idea that I am using is genetics and inhereited traits.
      The three samples are a short assessment (early in the unit)
      using a gardening situation and peas; the second is a socratic
      seminar (class discussion) on cloning (that is my technology
      element) and the last is a hands on activity called making
      reebops where students choose chromosomes and put
      together marshmallow creatures. I am worried about do these
      showing such a different part of genetics instead of being a
      progression. They all build on the others and of course there is
      a lot more to the unitl.

      Any ideas or thoughts?

      Thanks,
      Kathy
    • Annette Holder
      Message 32 of 32 , Mar 5, 2006
        I used a popular kid with low self-esteem regarding classwork and an MR student with an incredible work ethic.

        Annette

        shazrolane <shazrolane@...> wrote:
        I'm trying to decide on which two students I should choose to discuss
        and analyze for my Entry 1. Should I pick two students with special
        needs? One low performing student and one high performing student? Two
        average kids?

        Ack.

        Yahoo! Mail