Re: [EASCI] Here to Help

  • v1945@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 11, 2001
      I would be glad to try to help you. I live in Ohio, so face to face meeting
      would be rather difficult. I banked the first year, and needed only 5 points
      to become certified. I reworked my #1and gained more than enough points to
      reach the golden number.
      My year required 6 portfolios, and 4 90 minute tests.

      Are you on this regime or the 4 portfolio, 6 30 minute tests? If you are on
      the second regime, I would need the requirements copied and mailed, snail
      mail, to know the specific requirements.
      I needed to use a different science lesson that the first year, do you?
      You could email me and attach your entry to my school address:
      Victoria_Kraner@...
      as I download documents much faster there. Then I could make suggestions, but
      remember, I am not an assessor, just a fellow teacher.

      THIS IS DOABLE, if I was able to do it!!!! Hope I can help! Good luck!
      Vicki
    • ccrisp2
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 11, 2001
        --Hi! I live in South Carolina and I passed on the first time. I
        teach 8th grade Science.The main focus is Earth Science. My scores on
        Entry 1, 2, and 6 were 3.0; Entry 4 and 5 were 2.75( just did
        pass);and Entry 3 was 3.375. I'm here to help if I can. I can tell
        you what I did the different Entries on and how I went about doing it
        if you want. Just remember know the National Science Standards ...
        get a copy of the book...( and of course the NBPTS standards) and
        when you write your Entries intergrate their language with yours.
        Join a cohort group. It doesn't matter if the others are not
        Science. Mine weren't. Do not try it alone! If possible, have a
        NBCertified Teacher read your work!! I did and I cannot tell you how
        much it helped! Remember focus on higher order process skills and
        science process skills, not remembering science facts!! Good Luck to
        everyone, Cindy - In EASCI@y..., <rmikell2@n...> wrote:

        > HELP HELP HELP!!!
        > I live in Philadelphia, MS and need to work on Entrie 2 and 3.
        > PLEAAAAAAAASE help me with these entries. I am absolutely lost
        > on Entry 2, and in fact thought that one was pretty good!!. On
        > Entry 3, I am confused as to just what they were looking for. I
        would
        > be glad to meet with you at your convenience and whereever would be
        > the best for you to meet. I could really use someone who passed
        these
        > entries to give me some ideas and would you consider to read my
        > entries and tell me what I need to do to them. I need to at least
        > bring my scores up to 3.0+!! YIKES!! I made 1.25 on each of these
        > entries and they were read by previous assessors, email buds who
        > passed these entries with near 4s, language arts teachers, and even
        my
        > wife!!!! They all said they looked good and covered the things
        asked
        > for. OH WEEEEEEEEELLLLLLL! Please respond to this at
        > rmikell2@n... that is my workhorse computer!!! Thanks for
        > anything that you decide. HAVE A GREAT DAY!!
        > ROBERT MIKELL
      • mary edmunds
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 19, 2001
          Hi Sheila,
          I got almost a 4 and have coached for four years, send
          me the entry and the questions,
          I will help you,
          maryk
          --- Sheila Collins <scollins@...>