Assessment

  • Jill Tucker
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 17, 2001
      What advice do you have for preparing for the assessment test? Should I review
      content, theory or standards? I am starting to drown in information. I need
      to narrow this down!!!

      Help!

      Thanks,

      Jill

      http://buzz.yahoo.com/
    • Kathy Dozier
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 18, 2001
        I would review what makes a good graph. I would review what kind of graph
        to use when.
        Look at the unifying themes and understand what they have to do with what
        you teach.
        Review standards. Look back at previous postings and use the websites they
        recommend. If you have the book pathways by NSTA then study that. It was
        very good. If you don't have it and are a member of NSTA Then you can
        read it online. I don't know what to tell you for Science Technology and
        Society. I would like to hear how other people studied for that part of
        the assessment. That was a hard one for me.
        On one of the past postings there was a web site for misconceptions in
        science. That would be good to review.
        What grade do you teach and have you taught?

        Kathy

      • ccrisp@bm.gcsd.k12.sc.us
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 18, 2001
          --- In EASCI@y..., mary edmunds <marykinmi2000@y...> wrote:
          > Thank You!!

          Please everyone remember,
          > do not give out answers, we signed an oath, and
          > integrity means no answers or questions given.
          > --- wolfson_science@y... wrote:
          > > --- In EASCI@y..., ccrisp@b... wrote:
          > > concentration is
          > > Earth
          > > > Science.
          > > >
          > > > Do we really need a calculator?
          > >
          > > Simple division. Just know the formula for density.

          > Spot the hottest trends in music, movies, and more.
          > http://buzz.yahoo.com/
        • Jill Tucker
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 20, 2001
            Thanks for the info. Do you still have the web site address for misconceptions
            in science?

            I used the benchmarks to study for Science, Technology and Society. They have
            a whole chapter on that! I used the pathways book as well for that.

            Anyways, I took the test yesterday. At least I was able to answer everything!
            I'll just have to wait and see how it gets scored.

            Does any know for sure when we get our scores back?

            Jill

            http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
          • mmartz43@aol.com
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 20, 2001
              Hi Jill,

              Aren't you glad it's over! Congratulations!

              By the way, do you or anyone else have the websites again. I erased that
              e-mail and would like to keep that information.

              Thanks!
              Mary
            • Jill Tucker
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 20, 2001
                Thanks!!!

                I have a couple of the web sites that I found very usefull ...

                http://www.project2061.org/tools/sfaaol/chap11.htm

                http://www.project2061.org/tools/benchol/bolframe.htm

                I would like to know if anyone knows of the misconceptions in science web site.

                Jill

                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 20, 2001
                  ---
                  Here is one link for misconceptions..
                  http://www.link2ed.com/resources/misconcept2.htm
                  Cindy

                  In EASCI@y..., Jill Tucker <jtucker740@y...> wrote:
                  > Thanks!!!
                  >
                  > I have a couple of the web sites that I found very usefull ...
                  >
                  > http://www.project2061.org/tools/sfaaol/chap11.htm
                  >
                  > http://www.project2061.org/tools/benchol/bolframe.htm
                  >
                  > I would like to know if anyone knows of the misconceptions in
                  science web site.

                  > Jill
                  >

                  > --- mmartz43@a... wrote:
                  > > Hi Jill,
                  > >
                  > > Aren't you glad it's over! Congratulations!
                  > >
                  > > By the way, do you or anyone else have the websites again. I
                  erased that
                  > > e-mail and would like to keep that information.
                  > >
                  > > Thanks!
                  > > Mary

                  > http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
                • kathyj64068
                  Message 8 of 16 , May 7, 2002
                    Has anyone taken the assessment yet? I take it next week and
                    wondered if you had any legal hints to share.
                    Thanks!!!!
                  • Susan Lewis
                    Message 9 of 16 , May 11, 2002

                        kathyj64068 <kathyjferrell@...> wrote:

                      Has anyone taken the assessment yet?  I take it next week and
                      wondered if you had any legal hints to share.
                      Thanks!!!!

                      I took it last year and found it to be the easiest part of the whole NBCT process.  Look carefully over the materials NB sent you for preparation, they are really helpful and be sure to see which standards each portion of the assessment is looking for and find ways in your answers to show that you are clearly demonstating use of them.  Good Luck

                      Susan NBCT 2001

                      LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience