Re: [EASCI] Re: calculator

  • mary edmunds
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 16 1:43 PM
      Please everyone remember,
      do not give out answers, we signed an oath, and
      integrity means no answers or questions given.
      --- wolfson_science@... wrote:
      > --- In EASCI@y..., ccrisp@b... wrote:
      > > --- In EASCI@y..., johnsonsc@m... wrote:
      > > > I used my calcator for the first prompt. My
      > concentration is
      > Earth
      > > Science.
      > >
      > > Do we really need a calculator?
      >
      > Simple division. Just know the formula for density.

      http://buzz.yahoo.com/
    • Jill Tucker
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 17 4:43 PM
        What advice do you have for preparing for the assessment test? Should I review
        content, theory or standards? I am starting to drown in information. I need
        to narrow this down!!!

        Help!

        Thanks,

        Jill

        http://buzz.yahoo.com/
      • Kathy Dozier
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 18 12:09 PM
          I would review what makes a good graph. I would review what kind of graph
          to use when.
          Look at the unifying themes and understand what they have to do with what
          you teach.
          Review standards. Look back at previous postings and use the websites they
          recommend. If you have the book pathways by NSTA then study that. It was
          very good. If you don't have it and are a member of NSTA Then you can
          read it online. I don't know what to tell you for Science Technology and
          Society. I would like to hear how other people studied for that part of
          the assessment. That was a hard one for me.
          On one of the past postings there was a web site for misconceptions in
          science. That would be good to review.
          What grade do you teach and have you taught?

          Kathy

        • ccrisp@bm.gcsd.k12.sc.us
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 18 3:05 PM
            --- In EASCI@y..., mary edmunds <marykinmi2000@y...> wrote:
            > Thank You!!

            Please everyone remember,
            > do not give out answers, we signed an oath, and
            > integrity means no answers or questions given.
            > --- wolfson_science@y... wrote:
            > > --- In EASCI@y..., ccrisp@b... wrote:
            > > concentration is
            > > Earth
            > > > Science.
            > > >
            > > > Do we really need a calculator?
            > >
            > > Simple division. Just know the formula for density.

            > Spot the hottest trends in music, movies, and more.
            > http://buzz.yahoo.com/
          • Jill Tucker
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 20 7:12 AM
              Thanks for the info. Do you still have the web site address for misconceptions
              in science?

              I used the benchmarks to study for Science, Technology and Society. They have
              a whole chapter on that! I used the pathways book as well for that.

              Anyways, I took the test yesterday. At least I was able to answer everything!
              I'll just have to wait and see how it gets scored.

              Does any know for sure when we get our scores back?

              Jill

              http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
            • mmartz43@aol.com
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 20 2:18 PM
                Hi Jill,

                Aren't you glad it's over! Congratulations!

                By the way, do you or anyone else have the websites again. I erased that
                e-mail and would like to keep that information.

                Thanks!
                Mary
              • Jill Tucker
                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 20 5:09 PM
                  Thanks!!!

                  I have a couple of the web sites that I found very usefull ...

                  http://www.project2061.org/tools/sfaaol/chap11.htm

                  http://www.project2061.org/tools/benchol/bolframe.htm

                  I would like to know if anyone knows of the misconceptions in science web site.

                  Jill

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 20 6:11 PM
                    ---
                    Here is one link for misconceptions..
                    http://www.link2ed.com/resources/misconcept2.htm
                    Cindy

                    In EASCI@y..., Jill Tucker <jtucker740@y...> wrote:
                    > Thanks!!!
                    >
                    > I have a couple of the web sites that I found very usefull ...
                    >
                    > http://www.project2061.org/tools/sfaaol/chap11.htm
                    >
                    > http://www.project2061.org/tools/benchol/bolframe.htm
                    >
                    > I would like to know if anyone knows of the misconceptions in
                    science web site.

                    > Jill
                    >

                    > --- mmartz43@a... wrote:
                    > > Hi Jill,
                    > >
                    > > Aren't you glad it's over! Congratulations!
                    > >
                    > > By the way, do you or anyone else have the websites again. I
                    erased that
                    > > e-mail and would like to keep that information.
                    > >
                    > > Thanks!
                    > > Mary

                    > http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
                  • kathyj64068
                    Message 9 of 16 , May 7, 2002
                      Has anyone taken the assessment yet? I take it next week and
                      wondered if you had any legal hints to share.
                      Thanks!!!!
                    • Susan Lewis
                      Message 10 of 16 , May 11, 2002

                          kathyj64068 <kathyjferrell@...> wrote:

                        Has anyone taken the assessment yet?  I take it next week and
                        wondered if you had any legal hints to share.
                        Thanks!!!!

                        I took it last year and found it to be the easiest part of the whole NBCT process.  Look carefully over the materials NB sent you for preparation, they are really helpful and be sure to see which standards each portion of the assessment is looking for and find ways in your answers to show that you are clearly demonstating use of them.  Good Luck

                        Susan NBCT 2001

                        LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience