Re: [EASCI] Re: calculator

  • Kathy Dozier
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 14, 2001
      I could see where you might use your calculator for the first prompt but I
      didn't. I assumed they didn't want us to calculate but to explain the
      misconception. There is a calculator on the computer for you to use if you
      need one.

    • wolfson_science@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 15, 2001
        --- In EASCI@y..., ccrisp@b... wrote:
        > --- In EASCI@y..., johnsonsc@m... wrote:
        > > I used my calcator for the first prompt. My concentration is
        Earth
        > Science.
        >
        > Do we really need a calculator?

        Simple division. Just know the formula for density.
      • mary edmunds
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 16, 2001
          Please everyone remember,
          do not give out answers, we signed an oath, and
          integrity means no answers or questions given.
          --- wolfson_science@... wrote:
          > --- In EASCI@y..., ccrisp@b... wrote:
          > > --- In EASCI@y..., johnsonsc@m... wrote:
          > > > I used my calcator for the first prompt. My
          > concentration is
          > Earth
          > > Science.
          > >
          > > Do we really need a calculator?
          >
          > Simple division. Just know the formula for density.

          http://buzz.yahoo.com/
        • Jill Tucker
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 17, 2001
            What advice do you have for preparing for the assessment test? Should I review
            content, theory or standards? I am starting to drown in information. I need
            to narrow this down!!!

            Help!

            Thanks,

            Jill

            http://buzz.yahoo.com/
          • Kathy Dozier
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 18, 2001
              I would review what makes a good graph. I would review what kind of graph
              to use when.
              Look at the unifying themes and understand what they have to do with what
              you teach.
              Review standards. Look back at previous postings and use the websites they
              recommend. If you have the book pathways by NSTA then study that. It was
              very good. If you don't have it and are a member of NSTA Then you can
              read it online. I don't know what to tell you for Science Technology and
              Society. I would like to hear how other people studied for that part of
              the assessment. That was a hard one for me.
              On one of the past postings there was a web site for misconceptions in
              science. That would be good to review.
              What grade do you teach and have you taught?

              Kathy

            • ccrisp@bm.gcsd.k12.sc.us
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 18, 2001
                --- In EASCI@y..., mary edmunds <marykinmi2000@y...> wrote:
                > Thank You!!

                Please everyone remember,
                > do not give out answers, we signed an oath, and
                > integrity means no answers or questions given.
                > --- wolfson_science@y... wrote:
                > > --- In EASCI@y..., ccrisp@b... wrote:
                > > concentration is
                > > Earth
                > > > Science.
                > > >
                > > > Do we really need a calculator?
                > >
                > > Simple division. Just know the formula for density.

                > Spot the hottest trends in music, movies, and more.
                > http://buzz.yahoo.com/
              • Jill Tucker
                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 20, 2001
                  Thanks for the info. Do you still have the web site address for misconceptions
                  in science?

                  I used the benchmarks to study for Science, Technology and Society. They have
                  a whole chapter on that! I used the pathways book as well for that.

                  Anyways, I took the test yesterday. At least I was able to answer everything!
                  I'll just have to wait and see how it gets scored.

                  Does any know for sure when we get our scores back?

                  Jill

                  http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
                • mmartz43@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 20, 2001
                    Hi Jill,

                    Aren't you glad it's over! Congratulations!

                    By the way, do you or anyone else have the websites again. I erased that
                    e-mail and would like to keep that information.

                    Thanks!
                    Mary
                  • Jill Tucker
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jun 20, 2001
                      Thanks!!!

                      I have a couple of the web sites that I found very usefull ...

                      http://www.project2061.org/tools/sfaaol/chap11.htm

                      http://www.project2061.org/tools/benchol/bolframe.htm

                      I would like to know if anyone knows of the misconceptions in science web site.

                      Jill

                      Message 10 of 16 , Jun 20, 2001
                        ---
                        Here is one link for misconceptions..
                        http://www.link2ed.com/resources/misconcept2.htm
                        Cindy

                        In EASCI@y..., Jill Tucker <jtucker740@y...> wrote:
                        > Thanks!!!
                        >
                        > I have a couple of the web sites that I found very usefull ...
                        >
                        > http://www.project2061.org/tools/sfaaol/chap11.htm
                        >
                        > http://www.project2061.org/tools/benchol/bolframe.htm
                        >
                        > I would like to know if anyone knows of the misconceptions in
                        science web site.

                        > Jill
                        >

                        > --- mmartz43@a... wrote:
                        > > Hi Jill,
                        > >
                        > > Aren't you glad it's over! Congratulations!
                        > >
                        > > By the way, do you or anyone else have the websites again. I
                        erased that
                        > > e-mail and would like to keep that information.
                        > >
                        > > Thanks!
                        > > Mary

                        > http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
                      • kathyj64068
                        Message 11 of 16 , May 7, 2002
                          Has anyone taken the assessment yet? I take it next week and
                          wondered if you had any legal hints to share.
                          Thanks!!!!
                        • Susan Lewis
                          Message 12 of 16 , May 11, 2002

                              kathyj64068 <kathyjferrell@...> wrote:

                            Has anyone taken the assessment yet?  I take it next week and
                            wondered if you had any legal hints to share.
                            Thanks!!!!

                            I took it last year and found it to be the easiest part of the whole NBCT process.  Look carefully over the materials NB sent you for preparation, they are really helpful and be sure to see which standards each portion of the assessment is looking for and find ways in your answers to show that you are clearly demonstating use of them.  Good Luck

                            Susan NBCT 2001

                            LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience