Re: [EASCI] calculator

  • Robert Mikell
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 13, 2001
      HEY!
      No claculator is needed!!
      Mr. Mikell
    • johnsonsc@mindspring.com
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 14, 2001
        --- In EASCI@y..., Robert Mikell <rmikell2@n...> wrote:
        > HEY!
        > No claculator is needed!!
        > Mr. Mikell

        Thanks--say a prayer for me please. (-= Here I go...

        Suzanna Johnson
      • ccrisp@bm.gcsd.k12.sc.us
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 14, 2001
          --- In EASCI@y..., johnsonsc@m... wrote:
          > I used my calcator for the first prompt. My concentration is Earth
          Science.

          Do we really need a calculator?
        • Kathy Dozier
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 14, 2001
            I could see where you might use your calculator for the first prompt but I
            didn't. I assumed they didn't want us to calculate but to explain the
            misconception. There is a calculator on the computer for you to use if you
            need one.

          • wolfson_science@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 15, 2001
              --- In EASCI@y..., ccrisp@b... wrote:
              > --- In EASCI@y..., johnsonsc@m... wrote:
              > > I used my calcator for the first prompt. My concentration is
              Earth
              > Science.
              >
              > Do we really need a calculator?

              Simple division. Just know the formula for density.
            • mary edmunds
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 16, 2001
                Please everyone remember,
                do not give out answers, we signed an oath, and
                integrity means no answers or questions given.
                --- wolfson_science@... wrote:
                > --- In EASCI@y..., ccrisp@b... wrote:
                > > --- In EASCI@y..., johnsonsc@m... wrote:
                > > > I used my calcator for the first prompt. My
                > concentration is
                > Earth
                > > Science.
                > >
                > > Do we really need a calculator?
                >
                > Simple division. Just know the formula for density.

                http://buzz.yahoo.com/
              • Jill Tucker
                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 17, 2001
                  What advice do you have for preparing for the assessment test? Should I review
                  content, theory or standards? I am starting to drown in information. I need
                  to narrow this down!!!

                  Help!

                  Thanks,

                  Jill

                  http://buzz.yahoo.com/
                • Kathy Dozier
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 18, 2001
                    I would review what makes a good graph. I would review what kind of graph
                    to use when.
                    Look at the unifying themes and understand what they have to do with what
                    you teach.
                    Review standards. Look back at previous postings and use the websites they
                    recommend. If you have the book pathways by NSTA then study that. It was
                    very good. If you don't have it and are a member of NSTA Then you can
                    read it online. I don't know what to tell you for Science Technology and
                    Society. I would like to hear how other people studied for that part of
                    the assessment. That was a hard one for me.
                    On one of the past postings there was a web site for misconceptions in
                    science. That would be good to review.
                    What grade do you teach and have you taught?

                    Kathy

                  • ccrisp@bm.gcsd.k12.sc.us
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jun 18, 2001
                      --- In EASCI@y..., mary edmunds <marykinmi2000@y...> wrote:
                      > Thank You!!

                      Please everyone remember,
                      > do not give out answers, we signed an oath, and
                      > integrity means no answers or questions given.
                      > --- wolfson_science@y... wrote:
                      > > --- In EASCI@y..., ccrisp@b... wrote:
                      > > concentration is
                      > > Earth
                      > > > Science.
                      > > >
                      > > > Do we really need a calculator?
                      > >
                      > > Simple division. Just know the formula for density.

                      > Spot the hottest trends in music, movies, and more.
                      > http://buzz.yahoo.com/
                    • Jill Tucker
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jun 20, 2001
                        Thanks for the info. Do you still have the web site address for misconceptions
                        in science?

                        I used the benchmarks to study for Science, Technology and Society. They have
                        a whole chapter on that! I used the pathways book as well for that.

                        Anyways, I took the test yesterday. At least I was able to answer everything!
                        I'll just have to wait and see how it gets scored.

                        Does any know for sure when we get our scores back?

                        Jill

                        http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
                      • mmartz43@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jun 20, 2001
                          Hi Jill,

                          Aren't you glad it's over! Congratulations!

                          By the way, do you or anyone else have the websites again. I erased that
                          e-mail and would like to keep that information.

                          Thanks!
                          Mary
                        • Jill Tucker
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jun 20, 2001
                            Thanks!!!

                            I have a couple of the web sites that I found very usefull ...

                            http://www.project2061.org/tools/sfaaol/chap11.htm

                            http://www.project2061.org/tools/benchol/bolframe.htm

                            I would like to know if anyone knows of the misconceptions in science web site.

                            Jill

                            Message 13 of 16 , Jun 20, 2001
                              ---
                              Here is one link for misconceptions..
                              http://www.link2ed.com/resources/misconcept2.htm
                              Cindy

                              In EASCI@y..., Jill Tucker <jtucker740@y...> wrote:
                              > Thanks!!!
                              >
                              > I have a couple of the web sites that I found very usefull ...
                              >
                              > http://www.project2061.org/tools/sfaaol/chap11.htm
                              >
                              > http://www.project2061.org/tools/benchol/bolframe.htm
                              >
                              > I would like to know if anyone knows of the misconceptions in
                              science web site.

                              > Jill
                              >

                              > --- mmartz43@a... wrote:
                              > > Hi Jill,
                              > >
                              > > Aren't you glad it's over! Congratulations!
                              > >
                              > > By the way, do you or anyone else have the websites again. I
                              erased that
                              > > e-mail and would like to keep that information.
                              > >
                              > > Thanks!
                              > > Mary

                              > http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
                            • kathyj64068
                              Message 14 of 16 , May 7, 2002
                                Has anyone taken the assessment yet? I take it next week and
                                wondered if you had any legal hints to share.
                                Thanks!!!!
                              • Susan Lewis
                                Message 15 of 16 , May 11, 2002

                                    kathyj64068 <kathyjferrell@...> wrote:

                                  Has anyone taken the assessment yet?  I take it next week and
                                  wondered if you had any legal hints to share.
                                  Thanks!!!!

                                  I took it last year and found it to be the easiest part of the whole NBCT process.  Look carefully over the materials NB sent you for preparation, they are really helpful and be sure to see which standards each portion of the assessment is looking for and find ways in your answers to show that you are clearly demonstating use of them.  Good Luck

                                  Susan NBCT 2001

                                  LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience