calculator

  • johnsonsc@mindspring.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 13, 2001
      Do we really need a calculator?
    • Robert Mikell
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 13, 2001
        HEY!
        No claculator is needed!!
        Mr. Mikell
      • johnsonsc@mindspring.com
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 14, 2001
          --- In EASCI@y..., Robert Mikell <rmikell2@n...> wrote:
          > HEY!
          > No claculator is needed!!
          > Mr. Mikell

          Thanks--say a prayer for me please. (-= Here I go...

          Suzanna Johnson
        • ccrisp@bm.gcsd.k12.sc.us
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 14, 2001
            --- In EASCI@y..., johnsonsc@m... wrote:
            > I used my calcator for the first prompt. My concentration is Earth
            Science.

            Do we really need a calculator?
          • Kathy Dozier
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 14, 2001
              I could see where you might use your calculator for the first prompt but I
              didn't. I assumed they didn't want us to calculate but to explain the
              misconception. There is a calculator on the computer for you to use if you
              need one.

            • wolfson_science@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 15, 2001
                --- In EASCI@y..., ccrisp@b... wrote:
                > --- In EASCI@y..., johnsonsc@m... wrote:
                > > I used my calcator for the first prompt. My concentration is
                Earth
                > Science.
                >
                > Do we really need a calculator?

                Simple division. Just know the formula for density.
              • mary edmunds
                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 16, 2001
                  Please everyone remember,
                  do not give out answers, we signed an oath, and
                  integrity means no answers or questions given.
                  --- wolfson_science@... wrote:
                  > --- In EASCI@y..., ccrisp@b... wrote:
                  > > --- In EASCI@y..., johnsonsc@m... wrote:
                  > > > I used my calcator for the first prompt. My
                  > concentration is
                  > Earth
                  > > Science.
                  > >
                  > > Do we really need a calculator?
                  >
                  > Simple division. Just know the formula for density.

                  http://buzz.yahoo.com/
                • Jill Tucker
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 17, 2001
                    What advice do you have for preparing for the assessment test? Should I review
                    content, theory or standards? I am starting to drown in information. I need
                    to narrow this down!!!

                    Help!

                    Thanks,

                    Jill

                    http://buzz.yahoo.com/
                  • Kathy Dozier
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jun 18, 2001
                      I would review what makes a good graph. I would review what kind of graph
                      to use when.
                      Look at the unifying themes and understand what they have to do with what
                      you teach.
                      Review standards. Look back at previous postings and use the websites they
                      recommend. If you have the book pathways by NSTA then study that. It was
                      very good. If you don't have it and are a member of NSTA Then you can
                      read it online. I don't know what to tell you for Science Technology and
                      Society. I would like to hear how other people studied for that part of
                      the assessment. That was a hard one for me.
                      On one of the past postings there was a web site for misconceptions in
                      science. That would be good to review.
                      What grade do you teach and have you taught?

                      Kathy

                    • ccrisp@bm.gcsd.k12.sc.us
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jun 18, 2001
                        --- In EASCI@y..., mary edmunds <marykinmi2000@y...> wrote:
                        > Thank You!!

                        Please everyone remember,
                        > do not give out answers, we signed an oath, and
                        > integrity means no answers or questions given.
                        > --- wolfson_science@y... wrote:
                        > > --- In EASCI@y..., ccrisp@b... wrote:
                        > > concentration is
                        > > Earth
                        > > > Science.
                        > > >
                        > > > Do we really need a calculator?
                        > >
                        > > Simple division. Just know the formula for density.

                        > Spot the hottest trends in music, movies, and more.
                        > http://buzz.yahoo.com/
                      • Jill Tucker
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jun 20, 2001
                          Thanks for the info. Do you still have the web site address for misconceptions
                          in science?

                          I used the benchmarks to study for Science, Technology and Society. They have
                          a whole chapter on that! I used the pathways book as well for that.

                          Anyways, I took the test yesterday. At least I was able to answer everything!
                          I'll just have to wait and see how it gets scored.

                          Does any know for sure when we get our scores back?

                          Jill

                          http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
                        • mmartz43@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jun 20, 2001
                            Hi Jill,

                            Aren't you glad it's over! Congratulations!

                            By the way, do you or anyone else have the websites again. I erased that
                            e-mail and would like to keep that information.

                            Thanks!
                            Mary
                          • Jill Tucker
                            Message 13 of 16 , Jun 20, 2001
                              Thanks!!!

                              I have a couple of the web sites that I found very usefull ...

                              http://www.project2061.org/tools/sfaaol/chap11.htm

                              http://www.project2061.org/tools/benchol/bolframe.htm

                              I would like to know if anyone knows of the misconceptions in science web site.

                              Jill

                              Message 14 of 16 , Jun 20, 2001
                                ---
                                Here is one link for misconceptions..
                                http://www.link2ed.com/resources/misconcept2.htm
                                Cindy

                                In EASCI@y..., Jill Tucker <jtucker740@y...> wrote:
                                > Thanks!!!
                                >
                                > I have a couple of the web sites that I found very usefull ...
                                >
                                > http://www.project2061.org/tools/sfaaol/chap11.htm
                                >
                                > http://www.project2061.org/tools/benchol/bolframe.htm
                                >
                                > I would like to know if anyone knows of the misconceptions in
                                science web site.

                                > Jill
                                >

                                > --- mmartz43@a... wrote:
                                > > Hi Jill,
                                > >
                                > > Aren't you glad it's over! Congratulations!
                                > >
                                > > By the way, do you or anyone else have the websites again. I
                                erased that
                                > > e-mail and would like to keep that information.
                                > >
                                > > Thanks!
                                > > Mary

                                > http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
                              • kathyj64068
                                Message 15 of 16 , May 7, 2002
                                  Has anyone taken the assessment yet? I take it next week and
                                  wondered if you had any legal hints to share.
                                  Thanks!!!!
                                • Susan Lewis
                                  Message 16 of 16 , May 11, 2002

                                      kathyj64068 <kathyjferrell@...> wrote:

                                    Has anyone taken the assessment yet?  I take it next week and
                                    wondered if you had any legal hints to share.
                                    Thanks!!!!

                                    I took it last year and found it to be the easiest part of the whole NBCT process.  Look carefully over the materials NB sent you for preparation, they are really helpful and be sure to see which standards each portion of the assessment is looking for and find ways in your answers to show that you are clearly demonstating use of them.  Good Luck

                                    Susan NBCT 2001

                                    LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience