Re: EA Certification

  • Dave Culbreth
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 13, 1956
      I completed the EA science section portfolio last year and I am awaiting
      word from the National Board. I signed up as a mentor this year for current
      candidates. I would be glad to give any help that I can.

      D.C.

      Ann Min wrote:

      > From: Ann Min <amin@...>
      >
      > I'm a middle school teacher working on the EA Science section and am
      > looking for others working on this certification. If you're interested
      > in e-mailing contact me at amin@...
      >
      > Posted 6/11/99

      > Looking for your kindred spirit?
      > http://www.onelist.com
      > Go to ONElist: where kindred spirits connect and stay connected.
    • Dave Culbreth
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 13, 1956
        I also finished this summer.

        DC

        Nankwh@... wrote:

        > From: Nankwh@...
        >
        > Are you beginning now, or finishing?
        > I just took the assessment center and feel good about the process.
        > I currently teach 8th grade physical science in St Lucie County, FL
        > I'd be happy to correspond. The EASCI group was not a real chatty one, very
        > few emails and there were only a couple teachers with whom I regularly traded
        > information. I wonder why were are such a quiet, self absorbed(?) group.
        > Nancy Hosie

        > ONElist: where real people with real interests get connected.
        > http://www.onelist.com
        > Join a new list today!
      • Dave Culbreth
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 13, 1956
          I feel exactly the same way. Either I totally bombed out or I aced it. I
          thought that it was easy and I finished well before the time limit for each
          section.

          DC

          Ann Min wrote:

          > From: Ann Min <amin@...>
          >
          > Nancy,
          >
          > I took my test on Saturday. I feel great that it is all over. Either I
          > did really well or really poor because I didn't feel the test was as
          > hard as I thought it was going to be.
          >
          > Let's compare notes about the questions we each had to see how similar
          > they were. There was another teacher at my center taking the science
          > test. We compared notes at the end and found that our questions were
          > similar but the science topics were different ie: I got life science
          > scenarios and she had earth science ones.
          >
          > Ann Min

          > Campaign 2000 is here!
          > http://www.onelist.com
          > Discuss your thoughts; get informed at ONElist. See our homepage.
        • Ann Min
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 22, 1999
            I would include it. You must have some projected expectations about the
            change. I'd also write about why you looked into the change.

            Ann