Sample Lessons

  • johnsonsc@mindspring.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 13, 2001
      Hello, I take the assessment tomorrow. I have studied and taken
      notes from the AAAS Benchmarks, National Standards, Pathways to
      Achieving the Standards, Targeting Student's Misconceptions, and from
      Teacher's Editions of various texts. I went over all the science and
      technology topics that I could find. I also reviewed when to use
      different types of graphs and what common mistakes students make when
      displaying and analyzing their data. Right now, I am coming up with
      sample lessons for each of the themes. Am I wasting my time since I
      cannot predict what topics they will give me? Any other suggestions
      besides get some exercise (I have), rest (I plan to), and bring food
      (I will). Thanks.
    • Robert Mikell
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 13, 2001
        HELLO!!
        I took my test back on May 31. I did not take time to do all the things
        you have done, so I cannot say if what all you did will benefit you or not.
        I believe I said that right!!!! I did not have time to look through a bunch
        of notes and all because I first read through the whole prompt and then set
        up an outline of what I wanted to write about. This consumed the whole time
        frame. I did write some notes on the standards but did not use them. One of
        the prompts covered a topic I knew absolutely nothing about and had never
        covered. I didn't do well on this. I got home and researched this topic and
        I still probably couldn't have answered it!!!!!! Don't mean to scare you, I
        am trying to make a point of saying this is why I don't believe writing all
        those notes from texts will help you any. I relied mostly on my classroom
        experiences and a lot of PRAYER. I believe I did great on the WHOLE but know
        that 1 prompt kept me from a super score. Just chill and all will come to ya
        when you are there. God bless ya and remember if you get nervous lean back
        and take a few minutes to chill. GOOD LUCK!!!!! HOPE YOU DO WELL!!!!!!!
        MR. ROBERT MIKELL
      • ccrisp@bm.gcsd.k12.sc.us
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 13, 2001