Re: Assessment Center

  • wolfson_science@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 7, 2001
      --- In EASCI@y..., sciencegoddess125@y... wrote:
      > Yes, I am thrilled to have that box out of my house and safely in
      San
      > Antonio. Now one last hurdle. Can anyone give me some pointers on
      > the assessments at the Assessment Center? I would appreciate any
      and
      > all input. Thanks

      Go to these pages and get the information for the Common Themes:
      http://www.project2061.org/tools/benchol/bolframe.htm
      http://www.project2061.org/tools/sfaaol/chap11.htm

      Since the books are online, you just need to print them out and make
      age appropriate notes in your booklet.
    • Lori
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 6, 2007
        Hi,
        Any wisdom in how to prepare for this? I've been looking for any kind
        of background, wisdom, and have yet to find any.

        Am I able to narrow my fields of expertise in any way, or will I have
        to show content knowledge in ALL the science strands?

        Do they send out a list of suggested readings? (My district resource
        person said she got one, but her cert was literature.) And no one in
        my district has gone for the science cert in many years, it seems.
      • saraellon
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 6, 2007
          I take the test in 2 weeks. Last month I found information on the NB
          web site. It gave retired prompts as examples and a practice site for
          the format of the test. Hope that helps.
          SARA
          --- In EASCI@yahoogroups.com, "Lori" <ltheroux@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          > Any wisdom in how to prepare for this? I've been looking for any kind
          > of background, wisdom, and have yet to find any.
          >
          > Am I able to narrow my fields of expertise in any way, or will I have
          > to show content knowledge in ALL the science strands?
          >
          > Do they send out a list of suggested readings? (My district resource
          > person said she got one, but her cert was literature.) And no one in
          > my district has gone for the science cert in many years, it seems.

        • Jeanne Elliott
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 7, 2007
            I used the topics and then went through the standards and made sure I was familiar with ALL content.  If there was background I was totally unfamiliar with I reviewed it.  I looked up sites on ALL big ideas and new examples fore each one.  I went through textbooks and websites on common student misconceptions.  I never found a focus.  I concentrated on my weaknesses and worked from there.  GOOD LUCK!!
            Jeanne

            I take the test in 2 weeks. Last month I found information on the NB
            web site. It gave retired prompts as examples and a practice site for
            the format of the test. Hope that helps.
            SARA

            --- In EASCI@yahoogroups. com, "Lori" <ltheroux@.. .> wrote:

            > Hi,
            > Any wisdom in how to prepare for this? I've been looking for any kind
            > of background, wisdom, and have yet to find any.
            >
            > Am I able to narrow my fields of expertise in any way, or will I have
            > to show content knowledge in ALL the science strands?
            >
            > Do they send out a list of suggested readings? (My district resource
            > person said she got one, but her cert was literature.) And no one in
            > my district has gone for the science cert in many years, it seems.

            Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.
          • skirksizemore
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 28, 2007
              How did your test go? Do you have any advice for me now? I test in
              June.
              Shawn--- In EASCI@yahoogroups.com, "saraellon" <saraellon@...> wrote:

              > I take the test in 2 weeks. Last month I found information on the
              NB
              > web site. It gave retired prompts as examples and a practice site
              for
              > the format of the test. Hope that helps.
              > SARA
              > --- In EASCI@yahoogroups.com, "Lori" <ltheroux@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi,
              > > Any wisdom in how to prepare for this? I've been looking for any
              kind
              > > of background, wisdom, and have yet to find any.
              > >
              > > Am I able to narrow my fields of expertise in any way, or will I
              have
              > > to show content knowledge in ALL the science strands?
              > >
              > > Do they send out a list of suggested readings? (My district
              resource
              > > person said she got one, but her cert was literature.) And no one
              in
              > > my district has gone for the science cert in many years, it seems.

            • Sara Sara
              Message 6 of 10 , May 1, 2007
                The test was very stressful and I was a nervous wreck after I finished.  The one text book I did not read up on, and I had it but never took the time to read, my second question came straight from 6th grade science.
                Good look,  time yourself.  30 minutes feels like 5 and know the promps by memory.  I knew the 6 but still caught myself reading what a 4 required.  I think now that I have experienced the pressure and the format of the assessment, I would do better next time.
                SS

                To: EASCI@yahoogroups.com
                From: skirksizemore@...
                Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 03:44:20 +0000

                How did your test go? Do you have any advice for me now? I test in
                June.
                Shawn--- In EASCI@yahoogroups. com, "saraellon" <saraellon@. ..> wrote:

                > I take the test in 2 weeks. Last month I found information on the
                NB
                > web site. It gave retired prompts as examples and a practice site
                for
                > the format of the test. Hope that helps.
                > SARA
                > --- In EASCI@yahoogroups. com, "Lori" <ltheroux@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi,
                > > Any wisdom in how to prepare for this? I've been looking for any
                kind
                > > of background, wisdom, and have yet to find any.
                > >
                > > Am I able to narrow my fields of expertise in any way, or will I
                have
                > > to show content knowledge in ALL the science strands?
                > >
                > > Do they send out a list of suggested readings? (My district
                resource
                > > person said she got one, but her cert was literature.) And no one
                in
                > > my district has gone for the science cert in many years, it seems.

              • Shawn Sizemore
                Message 7 of 10 , May 10, 2007
                  Sara, what do you mean, I know the promps by memory?  You knew what six?  I'm sorry.  I feel clueless.  Were all areas on there?

                  To: EASCI@yahoogroups. com
                  From: skirksizemore@ yahoo.com
                  Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 03:44:20 +0000

                  How did your test go? Do you have any advice for me now? I test in
                  June.
                  Shawn--- In EASCI@yahoogroups. com, "saraellon" <saraellon@. ..> wrote:

                  > I take the test in 2 weeks. Last month I found information on the
                  NB
                  > web site. It gave retired prompts as examples and a practice site
                  for
                  > the format of the test. Hope that helps.
                  > SARA
                  > --- In EASCI@yahoogroups. com, "Lori" <ltheroux@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hi,
                  > > Any wisdom in how to prepare for this? I've been looking for any
                  kind
                  > > of background, wisdom, and have yet to find any.
                  > >
                  > > Am I able to narrow my fields of expertise in any way, or will I
                  have
                  > > to show content knowledge in ALL the science strands?
                  > >
                  > > Do they send out a list of suggested readings? (My district
                  resource
                  > > person said she got one, but her cert was literature.) And no one
                  in
                  > > my district has gone for the science cert in many years, it seems.

                  Need Mail bonding?

                  Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

                • Sara Sara
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 11, 2007
                    When you move through the 6 parts of the assessment center, it will explain what will meet a 4.  I spent time re-reading this information and it took time away from my typing of the answer. I had downloaded this information prior to the assessment and should have been more familiar with this info. The scientific method-understand everything a student needs to know and understand when conducting an experiment. Also
                    Basic vocabulary- and time yourself.  It's freaky or at least it was for me.  I had practiced the tutorial twice.
                    Good luck,
                    ss

                    To: EASCI@yahoogroups.com

                    From: skirksizemore@ yahoo.com
                    Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 03:44:20 +0000

                    How did your test go? Do you have any advice for me now? I test in
                    June.
                    Shawn--- In EASCI@yahoogroups. com, "saraellon" <saraellon@. ..> wrote:

                    > I take the test in 2 weeks. Last month I found information on the
                    NB
                    > web site. It gave retired prompts as examples and a practice site
                    for
                    > the format of the test. Hope that helps.
                    > SARA
                    > --- In EASCI@yahoogroups. com, "Lori" <ltheroux@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hi,
                    > > Any wisdom in how to prepare for this? I've been looking for any
                    kind
                    > > of background, wisdom, and have yet to find any.
                    > >
                    > > Am I able to narrow my fields of expertise in any way, or will I
                    have
                    > > to show content knowledge in ALL the science strands?
                    > >
                    > > Do they send out a list of suggested readings? (My district
                    resource
                    > > person said she got one, but her cert was literature.) And no one
                    in
                    > > my district has gone for the science cert in many years, it seems.

                    Need Mail bonding?

                    Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

                    Add some color. Personalize your inbox with your favorite colors. Try it!