Assessment Center

  • sciencegoddess125@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 10 , May 8, 2001
      Yes, I am thrilled to have that box out of my house and safely in San
      Antonio. Now one last hurdle. Can anyone give me some pointers on
      the assessments at the Assessment Center? I would appreciate any and
      all input. Thanks
    • ccrisp@bm.gcsd.k12.sc.us
      Message 2 of 10 , May 10, 2001
        ---
        Go to
        http://www.communities.msn.com/2001EAScienceCandidates/messageboard.ms
        nw This is a web group. Great information!

      • wolfson_science@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 7, 2001
          --- In EASCI@y..., sciencegoddess125@y... wrote:
          > Yes, I am thrilled to have that box out of my house and safely in
          San
          > Antonio. Now one last hurdle. Can anyone give me some pointers on
          > the assessments at the Assessment Center? I would appreciate any
          and
          > all input. Thanks

          Go to these pages and get the information for the Common Themes:
          http://www.project2061.org/tools/benchol/bolframe.htm
          http://www.project2061.org/tools/sfaaol/chap11.htm

          Since the books are online, you just need to print them out and make
          age appropriate notes in your booklet.
        • Lori
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 6, 2007
            Hi,
            Any wisdom in how to prepare for this? I've been looking for any kind
            of background, wisdom, and have yet to find any.

            Am I able to narrow my fields of expertise in any way, or will I have
            to show content knowledge in ALL the science strands?

            Do they send out a list of suggested readings? (My district resource
            person said she got one, but her cert was literature.) And no one in
            my district has gone for the science cert in many years, it seems.
          • saraellon
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 6, 2007
              I take the test in 2 weeks. Last month I found information on the NB
              web site. It gave retired prompts as examples and a practice site for
              the format of the test. Hope that helps.
              SARA
              --- In EASCI@yahoogroups.com, "Lori" <ltheroux@...> wrote:

              > Hi,
              > Any wisdom in how to prepare for this? I've been looking for any kind
              > of background, wisdom, and have yet to find any.
              >
              > Am I able to narrow my fields of expertise in any way, or will I have
              > to show content knowledge in ALL the science strands?
              >
              > Do they send out a list of suggested readings? (My district resource
              > person said she got one, but her cert was literature.) And no one in
              > my district has gone for the science cert in many years, it seems.

            • Jeanne Elliott
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 7, 2007
                I used the topics and then went through the standards and made sure I was familiar with ALL content.  If there was background I was totally unfamiliar with I reviewed it.  I looked up sites on ALL big ideas and new examples fore each one.  I went through textbooks and websites on common student misconceptions.  I never found a focus.  I concentrated on my weaknesses and worked from there.  GOOD LUCK!!
                Jeanne

                I take the test in 2 weeks. Last month I found information on the NB
                web site. It gave retired prompts as examples and a practice site for
                the format of the test. Hope that helps.
                SARA

                --- In EASCI@yahoogroups. com, "Lori" <ltheroux@.. .> wrote:

                > Hi,
                > Any wisdom in how to prepare for this? I've been looking for any kind
                > of background, wisdom, and have yet to find any.
                >
                > Am I able to narrow my fields of expertise in any way, or will I have
                > to show content knowledge in ALL the science strands?
                >
                > Do they send out a list of suggested readings? (My district resource
                > person said she got one, but her cert was literature.) And no one in
                > my district has gone for the science cert in many years, it seems.

                Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.
              • skirksizemore
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 28, 2007
                  How did your test go? Do you have any advice for me now? I test in
                  June.
                  Shawn--- In EASCI@yahoogroups.com, "saraellon" <saraellon@...> wrote:

                  > I take the test in 2 weeks. Last month I found information on the
                  NB
                  > web site. It gave retired prompts as examples and a practice site
                  for
                  > the format of the test. Hope that helps.
                  > SARA
                  > --- In EASCI@yahoogroups.com, "Lori" <ltheroux@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hi,
                  > > Any wisdom in how to prepare for this? I've been looking for any
                  kind
                  > > of background, wisdom, and have yet to find any.
                  > >
                  > > Am I able to narrow my fields of expertise in any way, or will I
                  have
                  > > to show content knowledge in ALL the science strands?
                  > >
                  > > Do they send out a list of suggested readings? (My district
                  resource
                  > > person said she got one, but her cert was literature.) And no one
                  in
                  > > my district has gone for the science cert in many years, it seems.

                • Sara Sara
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 1, 2007
                    The test was very stressful and I was a nervous wreck after I finished.  The one text book I did not read up on, and I had it but never took the time to read, my second question came straight from 6th grade science.
                    Good look,  time yourself.  30 minutes feels like 5 and know the promps by memory.  I knew the 6 but still caught myself reading what a 4 required.  I think now that I have experienced the pressure and the format of the assessment, I would do better next time.
                    SS

                    To: EASCI@yahoogroups.com
                    From: skirksizemore@...
                    Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 03:44:20 +0000

                    How did your test go? Do you have any advice for me now? I test in
                    June.
                    Shawn--- In EASCI@yahoogroups. com, "saraellon" <saraellon@. ..> wrote:

                    > I take the test in 2 weeks. Last month I found information on the
                    NB
                    > web site. It gave retired prompts as examples and a practice site
                    for
                    > the format of the test. Hope that helps.
                    > SARA
                    > --- In EASCI@yahoogroups. com, "Lori" <ltheroux@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hi,
                    > > Any wisdom in how to prepare for this? I've been looking for any
                    kind
                    > > of background, wisdom, and have yet to find any.
                    > >
                    > > Am I able to narrow my fields of expertise in any way, or will I
                    have
                    > > to show content knowledge in ALL the science strands?
                    > >
                    > > Do they send out a list of suggested readings? (My district
                    resource
                    > > person said she got one, but her cert was literature.) And no one
                    in
                    > > my district has gone for the science cert in many years, it seems.

                  • Shawn Sizemore
                    Message 9 of 10 , May 10, 2007
                      Sara, what do you mean, I know the promps by memory?  You knew what six?  I'm sorry.  I feel clueless.  Were all areas on there?

                      To: EASCI@yahoogroups. com
                      From: skirksizemore@ yahoo.com
                      Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 03:44:20 +0000

                      How did your test go? Do you have any advice for me now? I test in
                      June.
                      Shawn--- In EASCI@yahoogroups. com, "saraellon" <saraellon@. ..> wrote:

                      > I take the test in 2 weeks. Last month I found information on the
                      NB
                      > web site. It gave retired prompts as examples and a practice site
                      for
                      > the format of the test. Hope that helps.
                      > SARA
                      > --- In EASCI@yahoogroups. com, "Lori" <ltheroux@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Hi,
                      > > Any wisdom in how to prepare for this? I've been looking for any
                      kind
                      > > of background, wisdom, and have yet to find any.
                      > >
                      > > Am I able to narrow my fields of expertise in any way, or will I
                      have
                      > > to show content knowledge in ALL the science strands?
                      > >
                      > > Do they send out a list of suggested readings? (My district
                      resource
                      > > person said she got one, but her cert was literature.) And no one
                      in
                      > > my district has gone for the science cert in many years, it seems.

                      Need Mail bonding?

                      Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

                    • Sara Sara
                      Message 10 of 10 , May 11, 2007
                        When you move through the 6 parts of the assessment center, it will explain what will meet a 4.  I spent time re-reading this information and it took time away from my typing of the answer. I had downloaded this information prior to the assessment and should have been more familiar with this info. The scientific method-understand everything a student needs to know and understand when conducting an experiment. Also
                        Basic vocabulary- and time yourself.  It's freaky or at least it was for me.  I had practiced the tutorial twice.
                        Good luck,
                        ss

                        To: EASCI@yahoogroups.com

                        From: skirksizemore@ yahoo.com
                        Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 03:44:20 +0000

                        How did your test go? Do you have any advice for me now? I test in
                        June.
                        Shawn--- In EASCI@yahoogroups. com, "saraellon" <saraellon@. ..> wrote:

                        > I take the test in 2 weeks. Last month I found information on the
                        NB
                        > web site. It gave retired prompts as examples and a practice site
                        for
                        > the format of the test. Hope that helps.
                        > SARA
                        > --- In EASCI@yahoogroups. com, "Lori" <ltheroux@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Hi,
                        > > Any wisdom in how to prepare for this? I've been looking for any
                        kind
                        > > of background, wisdom, and have yet to find any.
                        > >
                        > > Am I able to narrow my fields of expertise in any way, or will I
                        have
                        > > to show content knowledge in ALL the science strands?
                        > >
                        > > Do they send out a list of suggested readings? (My district
                        resource
                        > > person said she got one, but her cert was literature.) And no one
                        in
                        > > my district has gone for the science cert in many years, it seems.

                        Need Mail bonding?

                        Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

                        Add some color. Personalize your inbox with your favorite colors. Try it!