Re: [EASCI] Digest Number 126

  • Mary Jo Kohunsky
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 10 4:39 PM
      Here are some things that helped me.

      One Minute Readings: Issues in Science, technology, and Society, by Richard Brinckerhoff, 1992, Addison-Wesley.

      Real Science, Real Decisions, 1990 NSTA.

      Science Educator's Guide to Assessment, Rodney Doran et al, 1998, NSTA

      Targeting Students' Science Misconceptions: Physical Science Concepts Using the Conceptual Change Model, by Joseph Stepans, 1996, Idea Factory.

      Also, any textbooks out of your field. Many teachers' editions will have the content correlated with the themes of science.

      Project 2061: Science for All Americans, www.project2061.org

      Benchmarks for Science for All Americans, same site.

      These were worth buying, and I even consult them occasionally now that I am done with the AC.

      Good luck,
      Mary Jo in MO, NBCT 2000

      Decisions Based on Science, Vincent Campbell, et al, 1997, NSTA.
    • ccrisp@bm.gcsd.k12.sc.us
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 14 9:21 AM
        --- Thanks Cindy