Re: [EASCI] Digest Number 114

  • Mary Jo Kohunsky
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2001
      Hi, Pam,

      Conbgratulations on finishing your portfolio. If you are NOT done with that, STOP thinking about the AC.
      Last year we were allowed to bring in some notes. I understand that this year that practice is no longer allowed. Still, I think the making of the notes was very helpful, and the notes themselves were not needed. Because I had to organize my thoughts and facts to get them on paper, I also organized topics in my mind. So step #1 should be to assess your content knowledge, and seek out further info on areas in which you don't feel you could write well.

      Step #2, review the standards often, both the NBPTS standards AND the National Science Education Standards. The NSES standards will reflect topics and themes that are usually used. You will be including activities in your writing that reflect the standards.

      Step #3, review assessment strategies. There was a question which dealt with how to assess student progress on a topic.

      Step #4. Read and read and read.

      Step #5. Take a break between finishing your portfolio and working on AC prep. Let your mind clear out.

      I hope these help.
      Mary Jo in MO
      NBCT Ea Sci 2000