Entry 5

  • pinkalls@midusa.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 18, 2001
      I have presented at some conferences over the last 5 years. I did not
      get names of anyone in particular that attended my workshops to get a
      statement on what impact my presentation had on student learning. Can
      I use this as an accomplishment without that? This entry is stumping
      me. I only have a couple of concrete things to use that shows student
      impact,ie. improved CRT scores.
      How do you show student impact of writing an article for a journal? I
      feel I am getting off track but don't know how to get back on.
      Gary
    • Yvette Laughlin
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 18, 2001
        Just some ideas. Did any of your co-workers attend your conferences? Have
        you written for and received any grants for your students? Written
        curriculum? Been on special committees that impacted student learning?
        Best Wishes,
        Patricia Laughlin EA/Science NBCT 2000

        > I have presented at some conferences over the last 5 years. I did not
        > get names of anyone in particular that attended my workshops to get a
        > statement on what impact my presentation had on student learning. Can
        > I use this as an accomplishment without that? This entry is stumping
        > me. I only have a couple of concrete things to use that shows student
        > impact,ie. improved CRT scores.
        > How do you show student impact of writing an article for a journal? I
        > feel I am getting off track but don't know how to get back on.
        > Gary

      • Janet Doughty
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 19, 2001
          What did you present in these conferences? What were your journal articles
          about? The presentations you made were evidence that something you do
          impacts student learning (positively, we hope!). Why were you chosen to
          make the presentations? Why did you write the journal articles? The
          students in this entry are the ones in your class; how did they benefit from
          what you did?
          This entry is the one I scored lowest in because I got it backwards.
          Instead of leading off with the journal articles and workshops, I should
          have led off with the program or unit that I was using and used the
          articles, etc. as evidence that they worked and that I was able to share
          with others.
          Janet, EASCI 2000