Entry #2

  • Pamela Barnett
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2001
      I have assigned my students to create a dichotomous
      key that they will use to classify chosen organisms.
      I plan to assess this assignment by 3 methods. I will
      assess the dichotomous key, the student performance
      using the key and their oral presentation of their
      key. Will these 3 modes of assessing just count as
      one student assessment?

      Also, I keep a checklist of behaviors, attitudes and
      processes that I want each student to develop during
      this unit and I keep a record that reflects when they
      accomplished or achieved them. I do this over the
      entire unit of study. Will this count as 1
      assessment?

      And, do I have to include a traditional multiple
      choice, true/false, short answer assessment in this
      entry? Or can I use performance based assessments
      only?
      Pam

      a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/