Re: [EASCI] entry #3

  • Tom Burkett, NBCT
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 5, 2001
      I'd say this kind of discussion might be appropriate in Entry 6, but less
      so in the classroom entries. It should suffice to say that Johnny is
      absent a lot, and so you respond in class by doing thus-and-so. How you
      accommodate the various needs of different learners in your classroom is
      very important, I should think. How and why they're different is less so,
      at least for those who will evaluate your entries. Best of luck.

      Tom

      >Do you discuss individual students in detail in your
      >written commentary? Such as Johnny has a probation
      >officer and is often absent, suspended or in
      >in-school-suspension. It has been very difficult to
      >involve him in classroom activities and discussions
      >because he often gets verbally and physically
      >disruptive when he feels threatened.....or do you keep
      >it general like...In this class there are students who
      >are considered disruptive and are difficult to involve
      >in learning activities...Or are both of these wrong?
      >Pam

      >a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

    • Sybil F. Landreth
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 5, 2001
        Yes if he is your featured student. Any info you can give the assessors.
        helps.

        Sybil
        NBCT 2000

        ===== Original Message From EASCI@yahoogroups.com =====

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 5, 2001
          The assessors ( I was one!) want you to discribe the child and the special
          learning needs when you analyze them in your regular entries. How you deal
          with this in the context of your unit is vital. You have to paint a picture of
          your student ( and your class) for the assessor.

          Entry 6 has to do with community.

          Sybil
          NBCT 2000
          former assessor