Re: [EASCI] Digest Number 101

  • Jill W Saia
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 5, 2001
      The assessors at NB do not expect you to lead a "perfect" class discussion.
      What they're looking for is exactly what you've alluded to in your message;
      that you recognize the kids didn't understand it as well as they should,
      you know there are things you could have done to facilitate better, and how
      you will teach this next time. My video of the class discussion is
      certainly not my favorite; it was very painful to watch, because my
      students just weren't getting the concept. But in my write-up I was
      brutally honest about what went wrong, and I scored pretty high on this
      one. NB is looking for teachers who not only plan and teach good lessons,
      but also reflect on those lessons and constantly tweak them to make them
      better. Admitting that it didn't go as well as planned will not make you
      lose any points, and it may even help.
      Use the video you have - it sounds like a great lesson!
      Jill