entry #3

  • Pamela Barnett
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 4, 2001
      Do you discuss individual students in detail in your
      written commentary? Such as Johnny has a probation
      officer and is often absent, suspended or in
      in-school-suspension. It has been very difficult to
      involve him in classroom activities and discussions
      because he often gets verbally and physically
      disruptive when he feels threatened.....or do you keep
      it general like...In this class there are students who
      are considered disruptive and are difficult to involve
      in learning activities...Or are both of these wrong?
      Pam

      a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
    • Tom Burkett, NBCT
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 5, 2001
        I'd say this kind of discussion might be appropriate in Entry 6, but less
        so in the classroom entries. It should suffice to say that Johnny is
        absent a lot, and so you respond in class by doing thus-and-so. How you
        accommodate the various needs of different learners in your classroom is
        very important, I should think. How and why they're different is less so,
        at least for those who will evaluate your entries. Best of luck.

        Tom

        >Do you discuss individual students in detail in your
        >written commentary? Such as Johnny has a probation
        >officer and is often absent, suspended or in
        >in-school-suspension. It has been very difficult to
        >involve him in classroom activities and discussions
        >because he often gets verbally and physically
        >disruptive when he feels threatened.....or do you keep
        >it general like...In this class there are students who
        >are considered disruptive and are difficult to involve
        >in learning activities...Or are both of these wrong?
        >Pam

        >a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

      • Sybil F. Landreth
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 5, 2001
          Yes if he is your featured student. Any info you can give the assessors.
          helps.

          Sybil
          NBCT 2000

          ===== Original Message From EASCI@yahoogroups.com =====

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 5, 2001
            The assessors ( I was one!) want you to discribe the child and the special
            learning needs when you analyze them in your regular entries. How you deal
            with this in the context of your unit is vital. You have to paint a picture of
            your student ( and your class) for the assessor.

            Entry 6 has to do with community.

            Sybil
            NBCT 2000
            former assessor