Entry #3 Planning section questions

  • Pamela Barnett
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2001
      Is it correct to say "My goals were...." or should I
      say "My goals are...." since the questions address the
      planning stage. I have already completed the lesson
      and videotaped it, but I have just started writing it
      all up. Is this a sign of how exhausted and brain
      dead I am!
      Pam

      a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
    • Jill W Saia
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2001
        Here are some phrases you can try (you want to leave the pronoun "my" out
        of it as much as possible):

        The goals of this lesson were...
        The primary focus of this activity was...
        One of the goals for students was...
        An important learning goal is...

        Hope this helps! I was an English teacher before I fell in love with
        teaching science!
        Jill
      • Susan Lewis
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3, 2001

          Pamela Barnett wrote:

           Is it correct to say "My goals were...."  or should I
          say "My goals are...." since the questions address the
          planning stage.  I have already completed the lesson
          and videotaped it, but I have just started writing it
          all up.  Is this a sign of how exhausted and brain
          dead I am!
          Pam

          a year!  http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

            I said my goals for this instructional sequence were blah, blah, blah and later when it asked for the goals for that particular lesson that was featured on the tape, I said my goals for the featured lesson were blah, blah, blah.
          Hope this helps, I just finished entry 3 and am now working on 2.
          Good Luck!!!