Buzz words

  • Pamela Barnett
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 22, 2000
      Does anyone out there have "buzz" words for our
      certification area? Several teachers I work with have
      found some with their area.

      Thanks
      Pam
      GA

      http://shopping.yahoo.com/
    • Rita Lander
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 30, 2007
        There was no attachment with buzz words. Not very helpful? Help!!!!!!!!!!

      • Jeanne Elliott
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 30, 2007
          The buzz words are in your standards.  I found it helpful for me to create my own list of buzz words because it required ME to study my standards.  The only other buzz words that weren't in my standards I found helpful were like saying prompted instead of questioned.
          Jeanne
          NBCT 2006

          There was no attachment with buzz words. Not very helpful? Help!!!!!!!! !!

        • beleriand33
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 5, 2007
            I purchased a book from Amazon called -So You Want to Be a National
            Board Certified Teacher? by Jerry Parks. It has 2 or 3 pages of buzz-
            words (and phrases) in it.

            Art
            IA

            --- In EASCI@yahoogroups.com, Pamela Barnett <pgdb77@...> wrote:

            > Does anyone out there have "buzz" words for our
            > certification area? Several teachers I work with have
            > found some with their area.
            >
            > Thanks
            > Pam
            > GA

            > http://shopping.yahoo.com/

          • Lori
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 2, 2007
              Hi,

              I passed my first year (barely) - and did not worry much about buzz
              words. In fact, my lowest score was on the entry where I focused most
              on using the best language. And I did OK on an entry where I only left
              myself about 4 hours for the writing (I did spend time thinking and
              mentally preparing for it - but **all** of the writing took place on
              the day I packed my box! not recommended but it does show how it is
              sometimes fine to use less than the max number of pages and dozens of
              hours).