microphone for videos

  • Susan Oliver
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2000
      Hello Everyone,

      About the microphone used for videotaping.  I purchased a cordless microphone from Best Buy.  I could carry my end around clipped to my jacket or whatever.  I was free from any cords.  I could set the microphone down where ever I needed it.  I even suspended it from the ceiling in the middle of the room for my whole group discussion.  This worked great for me.

      As for "getting students involved in assessments"  you might have students help decide the criteria ahead of time necessary for an A etc.  Or, you may offer students a choice of assessment ...such as conference or a more traditional written test.  I had some students choose a conference.  The student and I each had a checklist and a rubric.  As we discussed each item, the student gave himself/herself a score as did I.  Both scoresheets were used to come up with a final grade for the assessment.  Oftentimes, the kids were harder on themselves than was I.  I scored well on the assessment based entry.

      Sincerely,
      Susan in Oklahoma