Re: [EASCI] Digest Number 90

  • Robert Mikell
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 11, 2000
      Mary Jo:
      Wow, you go girl!!!!! Those are the highest 2 scores on any EA/SCIENCE entry I have seen or heard about so far. Can I send you a plane ticket to Philadelphia, Mississippi, where you can become a mentor? Anyway, when you say get the students involved in the assessments, do you mean like peer-tutoring or what? Can you give me some more
      examples on that one? Do you think a Pre-Test would go for 1 on the assessments and what about an oral exam? I have a dyslexic? student that I administer assessments to orally. Any ideas on where I can find an external mic for my camcorder? Enough, already. Congratulations and God Bless and please respond. Thanks for helping out!!!!
      Mr. Mikell
    • Ann Doornbos
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 12, 2000
        I scored 2.25 on entry 1, 4.25 on 2, 3.5 on 3 and 3 on 4. Why? I have no
        idea even after looking at the score and entries, etc agian. For #2 I used
        three total differnt types of assessment an individual, a group where they
        had to draw a invent, build and draw an animal tthat could survive in a
        certain biome, and a team/pair performance based assessment . For #3 I
        introduced Burnoli's Principal with demonstrations and had the kids discuss
        and predict what would happen in certain situations 5t was almost like a
        magic show where I showed them how it was done after they predicted, I also
        let them try some of the demonstrations. For #1 I used inquiry based
        Science I even had then working on computers so I have no idea.
        ann